No announcement yet.

This is getting annoying!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say first adjust the bov, like someone stated previously. My friend and I redid some things on his Z lastnight and it was stalling after high rpm drops because the bov spring tension was too loose, and wasn't closing fast enough causing a super-rich state and killing the car... My truck dies if I blow the recirculation hose off from the bypass valve for the same reason, the MAF calculates for all the air that passes through it, but when that air dissapears (out ye olde hose) the truck gets way to rich and dies.

Comment

Kiss

Lots of great advice here - but keep your starting point simple...clean the throttle body. Sludge will block off the little air gap that is needed to idle. Then follow the rest of these posted ideas.
      Later, Jay

Comment

Originally posted by heyoldguy2002
        Lots of great advice here - but keep your starting point simple...clean the throttle body. Sludge will block off the little air gap that is needed to idle. Then follow the rest of these posted ideas.
        Very good point. I have also read that the intake manifold itself can accumulate sludge as well... not that sludge there would effect idle as much as air flow; more of a since your there cleaning why not go abit further?
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

its not your venting BOV....i have a hks ssqv (self ajusting version) and i dont ever get stalling even if i hit reline and the hit the clutch....
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.