No announcement yet.

Walbro Pump Fuel Starvation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd problem you guys have. I installed the Walbro 255 ltr/hr pump in my protege and it worked fine for me.....even ran it til it was empty one time.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

tank is 13.2 gal .... I wonder what kind of fuel pressure it can sustain with that poorly sealed grommet at the top of the pump in the EGTs.

I guess I will be looking at this again ...

Comment

rubber stopper... where is it supposed to go?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
          rubber stopper... where is it supposed to go?
          It is on the bottom of the pump. Goes between the bottom of the braket and the pump. When I had the OEM 3rd gen pump I had to cut mine to make it fit and it wasn't sitting right thats why the OEM pump didn't work. Walbro came with a new one and worked. I has to cut into it a little so it would slide intot he bracket but nothing like I had to butcher the stock one for the OEM 3rd gen pump.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

that's my experience with the walbro 255 also BuGS. I installed mine just like that and have never had any issues with it. i used the original filter/pickup tho - it was much longer.

Comment

Working...
            X