BOV opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOV opinions

hey was just looking for some of your opinions... what are your fav bov's.... also what is the loudest bov you have heard..???

The HKS SSQV BOV is pretty loud. Only one I've heard in person.

Comment

i like the greddy typs S....i love my HKS SSQV tho
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

it all depends on the sound you want too, i have the hks ssqv, and its loud as hell, but its a weird ass sound, more of a high pitched whistle, then the normal loud woosh of air the greddy type s throws out.

i have heard both and if i had to do it again i would go withthe greddy type s.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i've had, turboxs type Rfl, greddy type S, and the ssqv, the sound of the type RFL is addicting if you are new to FI and like attention. leaks a little at high boost. 18psi+, greddy type S if adjusted right sounds right on the money, and like Ben said the Ssqv is nice, weird sound, but you get used to it and it does get attention. also doesnt leak at high boost like the type RFL. the greddy unit is a great choice too.

Comment

I've been running a GReedy type S for many, many years and never had issues with it. Buy cheap, you get cheap.

Comment

My favorite is my HKS SSQV. I just absolutely love it! It will never leak and can hold over 30+lbs of boost no problems. Then theres the Greddy Type S, sound is ricer but its okay... because it sounds that dang good... RFL is problably one of the loudest out there. HKS is High pitched Chirp, Greddy is ricey coool!, rfl is a loud WOOOOSH!

Comment

I still have my recirculating Bosch one that came stock. I get basically NO sound out of it so it's quite stealthy. I like that ... but I'm worried it may be starting to leak at around the 15 psi stage.

Comment

i <3 my greddy rs
                  sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                  92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

And watch out for ebay knock off GReedy and HKS BOV's. They leak after 8psi. Make sure they are the real deal.

Comment

Anyone had any experience with the 1st gen DSM BOVs ?

Comment

I'm running the 1st gen dsm bov and it sounds like someone getting hit on the old chinese movies or the slim jim commercials when the take a bite into it.....hahahaha. Holds boost fine, i crushed it to hold a bit more boost. I really want an hks ssqv though or get the turkey call. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                          I'm running the 1st gen dsm bov and it sounds like someone getting hit on the old chinese movies or the slim jim commercials when the take a bite into it.....hahahaha. Holds boost fine, i crushed it to hold a bit more boost. I really want an hks ssqv though or get the turkey call. []Deace

No problems with leaks at idle?

Comment

The Monza version of the HKS SSQV is actually a really nice BOV. I used it for the majority of the time while I was boosted before I switched to the actual SSQV. It never leaked and has been running great on my friend's 240 ever since I sold it to him. If price is a concern then I would recommend it seeing as how you can get it for around $120 shipped. But there really is no comparison to the sound of the HKS, by far my favorite hands down.

Comment

I've run the Sard r2d2 on a few cars... It's my personal favorite as far as sound goes and is very stable. Pretty affordable too.

Comment

Working...
                              X