LHD harness woes... assistance needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LHD harness woes... assistance needed.

Well I can't get my fuel pump to run. Jumping the g/o wire with the b/w wire does nothing because the green wire has no place to go on the dash harness.( white 10 pin plug ) linking the fuel pump relay to the dash harness like a NA system does nothing. its like im either one of three things.

not getting power.
    not getting ground
    or the ecu is not triggering the relay to work.

all i have to say is so far the LHD harness sucks. jap/euro wiring sucks.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

you should have kept your NA harness and done some minor splicing.

Comment

i learned that the hard way. i've still got it tho so if all else fails i can always tear it down & swap over the knock sensor stuff. Id rather not have to resort to killing an expensive harness tho.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

so anyhow LEX, whats the difference between the connectors of the ECU for NA vs GTX??? do i have to depin & move any pin locations?

Comment

It's been a while since I did this, so I can't recall the details. However, I did have a problem getting the fuel pump to work with my GTR harness. I think I had to run a wire directly from the fuel pump to one of the wires on the ecu. I can check on it tomorrow to let you know.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

well the GTX ECU plugs right into the NA harness. There are some differences: such as the placement of the TPS wires and knock sensor.

Those are the two I changed, but I know there is an issue with the fuel pump. Do you have the fuel pump resistor box?

Comment

i do not, nor does it matter USDM dash harness does not support the main green wire.

Thank you kindly identity x

Comment

I had a hell of a time figuring it out but fuel pump works perfectly fine now. I'll look into it tomorrow after I come home and will let you know exactly which wire needs to be spliced into if you don't figure it out by then.
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

unfortunately I never dealt with the pump problem so I dont have much experience with it. Looks like identity_x has this one figured out though

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                    well the GTX ECU plugs right into the NA harness. There are some differences: such as the placement of the TPS wires and knock sensor.

Those are the two I changed, but I know there is an issue with the fuel pump. Do you have the fuel pump resistor box?
                    what are some symptoms of this issue? I plugged in my GTX ecu and gtx injectors, turn the car on and I get 43lbs of pressure in my line? Next thing I know, my cylinders a flooded with gas.

Comment

sympotoms are no fuel pressure at all, the pump does not turn on & the relay does not click. want to trade id love 43 PSI at my rail right about now.

so far i've figured out that pin 2y on the GTX ECU is the pin/wire for the fuel pump circut-opening relay or the light green wire found at the relay. not sure the significance of that.

I re-routed the black w/ pink stripe wire over to the 10 pin white dash connector just as it is for NA. the Green/orange wire that was right below it doesn't connect to anything so I removed it entirely.

appearing so with the NA harness grounding the FP/Grd in the diagnosis box is the same thing as touching the ground & wire right at the relay. I wonder if perhaps i ground the wire from the ECU if it will do anything.

on the GTX harness when i jumper the green & black wires at the relay it clicks.

Im thinking about waiting to re install it until i get a multimeter tommorow. any advice is more then welcomed before hand.

Comment

i may have figured the significance of the light green wire in pin 2y

so far i've figured out that pin 2y on the GTX ECU is the pin/wire for the fuel pump circut-opening relay or the light green wire found at the relay. not sure the significance of that.
                        the GTX harness lacks 2 pins in the AFM plug... ones a ground & the other is the fuel pump relay system when the key is in the on position.
                        what they did in europe/japan was bypass the AFM pins & let the ECU try & take control of running the cirut-open relay system. Im not sure my ECU is even doing that.
                        im pretty damn sure actually, that its not. Im going to splice line the 2 additional pins into the AFM plug & see what happens with the harness. perhaps i'll get lucky
                        im sure hoping.

Comment

Hum... not sure of what I'll say... but there was a module on the GTX/GTR to control the 2nd fuel pump in the gas tank. Maybe this is where the relay is activated... I will have to deal with this soon too!

Keep us informed!

Originally posted by bpt323
                          i may have figured the significance of the light green wire in pin 2y

the GTX harness lacks 2 pins in the AFM plug... ones a ground & the other is the fuel pump relay system when the key is in the on position.
                          what they did in europe/japan was bypass the AFM pins & let the ECU try & take control of running the cirut-open relay system. Im not sure my ECU is even doing that.
                          im pretty damn sure actually, that its not. Im going to splice line the 2 additional pins into the AFM plug & see what happens with the harness. perhaps i'll get lucky
                          im sure hoping.

Comment

aye,. i didn't realize i forgot to update this thread.

This is what i did.

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                            X