X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do, I'll want one.
    Back in BG business.

Comment

You could just hook up the VICS solenoid to a regular switch, but that would be a PITA when driving to use. The real trick would be to get it kicking in @ 0PSI at perfect no vacum. if you could do that you would be guarunteed to make more power.
      A turbo is load based. so you would have to use a pressure switch of some sort that would turn the solenoid on @ 0 vacum. it can be done. Id love to see someone do it.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'd love to see your GF naked, but everyone has already see that.... Her nasty messed up trunk area esspecially.... eew yucky

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

****, still I just can't help it, my dangerous dong does bad things to the back of my baby. HAHAHA
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
            You could just hook up the VICS solenoid to a regular switch, but that would be a PITA when driving to use. The real trick would be to get it kicking in @ 0PSI at perfect no vacum. if you could do that you would be guarunteed to make more power.
            A turbo is load based. so you would have to use a pressure switch of some sort that would turn the solenoid on @ 0 vacum. it can be done. Id love to see someone do it.
            That's what I thought too, but wouldn't you reach 0 PSI at about the same RPM every time?
            Back in BG business.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor_Protege
              That's what I thought too, but wouldn't you reach 0 PSI at about the same RPM every time?

You do not. Those variables are quite independent. You could use either the RPM or the boost (using a Hobbs pressure switch) or both to trigger the solenoid depending on how you set things up

Comment

I would think it would be better to have both. Have a preset RPM so incase you for some reason aren't seeing boost by a certain RPM, it opens anyway. Just my thought process.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                  I would think it would be better to have both. Have a preset RPM so incase you for some reason aren't seeing boost by a certain RPM, it opens anyway. Just my thought process.
                  TO make it easier I would just do it so it opens around 3000. By then you are done with torque anyways

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
                    TO make it easier I would just do it so it opens around 3000. By then you are done with torque anyways
                    I would want to force it open by then if it hasn't sensed boost for sure.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

If you quit making torque @ 3k or your torque peak is @ 3k then you need to do something different about how your motor is running.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                        If you quit making torque @ 3k or your torque peak is @ 3k then you need to do something different about how your motor is running.
                        No I mean if you look at it, by 3000rpm in any gear you pretty much have all your stuff moving, so above that is when HP is important rathar than Torque.

Comment

probe/mx6 guys use a 'window switch' to control their VRIS, im sure you can use something like that and just hook it up to open VICS at WOT.

because if you're not driving spirited you're obviously trying to save gas, so there wouldnt be any benefit of having the VICS activated at a certain RPM.

personally, i'd keeps VICS and add a window switch, or splice your TPS so when you reach WOT your VICS opens to let more air in etc...

just my 2 cents, i dont know a lot about FI, but i can try, right

JACK
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

MSD sells an RPM activated switch. Wire it with a boost activated switch and you have the two conditions needed to activate VICS.

That could be a solution...

Comment

the way a turbo motor revs under boost (or even an NA one) you'd have a very hard time hitting a switch as it climbs through the rpms

Comment

just get a pressure switch & set it for whatever you deem. that would be your fix there. im sure you could do it for under $25.

Comment

Working...
                                X