MBC and tuning questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBC and tuning questions.

I got a dual piston bov and i'm waiting to get an MBC next week. I 'll get them for 80Euros both. I have a question.
    Right now the car works at 0.7-0.8 bar till 5500 and then overboosts till 1-1.1 bar (depending on air temps) above that rpm.
    If i fit the MBC to have 1bar on low rpms, above 5.5k will the overboost be worse?
    I'm thinking that, when you overboost, the wastegate is fully open. So when I start to overboost , no matter if i am at 1bar or 0.5, it will overboost at a fixed rate which is exhaust depandant and not boost dependant. Am I right?
    One more thing.
    Is it safe to tune the engine from the vaf? I have a wideband and I can precicely measure a/f ratios. Is 12.2-12.4 good part throttle a/f ratio?

Originally posted by Bax
    I got a dual piston bov and i'm waiting to get an MBC next week. I 'll get them for 80Euros both. I have a question.
    Right now the car works at 0.7-0.8 bar till 5500 and then overboosts till 1-1.1 bar (depending on air temps) above that rpm.
    If i fit the MBC to have 1bar on low rpms, above 5.5k will the overboost be worse?
    I'm thinking that, when you overboost, the wastegate is fully open. So when I start to overboost , no matter if i am at 1bar or 0.5, it will overboost at a fixed rate which is exhaust depandant and not boost dependant. Am I right?
    One more thing.
    Is it safe to tune the engine from the vaf? I have a wideband and I can precicely measure a/f ratios. Is 12.2-12.4 good part throttle a/f ratio?
    I would really recommend getting a good electronic boost controller. They can actually control overboost very well!!! It is like magic.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

an MBC will cause you to overboost more unfortunately because creep will start at a higher psi range

Comment

Working...
      X