Vf10 Vs Vf12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vf10 Vs Vf12

Ok, got my VF12's in. So I took one out and compared the intakes to eachother.

Both use the same compressor housing it looks like. Differences are, VF10 tappers in from initial size to fit around the wheel. The VF12 Goes staright down then taps slightly out to fit wheel. Big difference there!!!

Also the waterlines on the VF12 seem to be the same size as the VJ20 ones. So, no more messing with reducers to have to deal with the small lines like on the vf10 and vf11.
    Attached Files

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

let's see the wheels side by side

Comment

so the intake elbows bolt onto the VF10 & VF12 the same?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sorry, I sent Josh's off already (The one being used for pics) will have to wait til he gets it. Plus my VF10 is already back on the engine cause someone got their oil pan today.

So More pics in a week or so.

Clayton

Comment

The intake (inducer) on the vf12 is looking a lot like on the Tbird turbo ... while the VF10 has a larger overall wheel than the tbird, it has a smaller inducer/exducer ratio.

Looks like the VF12 has a better inducer/exducer ratio than the VF10 but I am curious about the overall wheel size. Can't wait for the pics from josh

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
            The intake (inducer) on the vf12 is looking a lot like on the Tbird turbo ... while the VF10 has a larger overall wheel than the tbird, it has a smaller inducer/exducer ratio.

Looks like the VF12 has a better inducer/exducer ratio than the VF10 but I am curious about the overall wheel size. Can't wait for the pics from josh
            The VF12 Inducer, as you say it, taps more towards the outside to seal the wheel, so the wheel is significantly larger. But ya, Josh should have the turbo tomorrow so friday or saturday we should have pics

Comment

Working...
            X