Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

must fight the urge... must not.... ARGH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a bp dohc. gonna strap a turbo on the front of it
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

just like that huh? so i could theoretically just add a turbo to my car too?
      Tag Team

Comment

You would need to run oil lines, get a turbo,manifold,bootcontroller,guages.intercooler,p iping,downpipe,exhaust,SAFC??. prob some ecu upgrades? maybe a gtx ecu or haltech,BOV,fuel pump,injectors the list goes on and on

Comment

the "strap it on" thing was a.. summerization of all the things listed above
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

oh man. so how much does all this cost approximately?
            Tag Team

Comment

GTx motor and ecu i would say u can do it yourself for like $3000-3500

Comment

i can get the whole thing done for under 3000 i think
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

my 9 grand is going straight to a IS300 or a house
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    my 9 grand is going straight to a IS300 or a house

Damn i love the is300

Comment

my buddy has a nice little accord, some asshole t-boned him at a red light so he got $25,000 for the damage for his car (i know, for an accord wtf?) so guess what he went out and bought. $18k on a down payment and the other $7k to put stuff on it. i almost like the hatchback more then the sedan (almost)
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                        my buddy has a nice little accord, some asshole t-boned him at a red light so he got $25,000 for the damage for his car (i know, for an accord wtf?) so guess what he went out and bought. $18k on a down payment and the other $7k to put stuff on it. i almost like the hatchback more then the sedan (almost)
                        Thats stupid i would of put it all down on the car, less payments

Comment

rich grandparents= pay for everything he has
                          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

You can turbo a BP for around 1500 if you get good deals and know what you are doing. When mine gets done ill let everyone know how much it was exactly. But i already know it wont be over 1500.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                              You can turbo a BP for around 1500 if you get good deals and know what you are doing. When mine gets done ill let everyone know how much it was exactly. But i already know it wont be over 1500.
                              Let me know how that goes.
                              -Robert
                              '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

I turbo'd my first protege for $600.... I then spent $6000 in cleaning up that mess.
                                -Braden
                                '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Working...
                                X