No announcement yet.

10psi @4k with vj20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naw my turbo is in great shape, i dont burn any oil to speak of, or at least nothing out of the ordinary for a used turbo, but i dont hardly have to add any oil between oil changes acutally none so far, but ive only driven 1500 miles or there abouts on my first oil change on my new motor. and my compressor wheel is in great shape (visually).

ill check for a vaccuum leak, its a possibility but im doubting that too... given i cannot doubt everything that could be a problem because obviously something is not working right so it could be anything.

ive got bugs boost controller in the mail and if i remember correctly a boost controller gives a boost reading, and if thats the case ill ditch my boost gauge and put my egt in. im stoked to feel 12 psi on the freeway. i hit 12 psi all the time in my lower gears but once i hit 4500-4700 rpms it settles back down to 8-10psi, so im excited to go back up against my buddy in his sti on the freeway, the last race we did he pulled about 2-3 car lengths from about 65 to about 110. but dont sti's push 16psi from the factory, i cannot remember where i heard that, if thats the case hes was pushing 6 more psi than me and walked 3 car lengths on me from 65-110 im happy with that.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

That's not bad against an STI. I walked a skyline the other night at 15 psi and half throttle due to boost creep. I really need that wastegate ported but Im switching the turbo soon anyways.

Comment

Working...
      X