Mazda speed Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles
    Yeah, it's a T25. Everybody always says the rods are weak in the FS motor.
    Aye.
    From what I've read here and at the "other" forum, they always seem to be the first thing to go.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Protege
      Well look at the SRT-4 that is as fast as a 350Z. they could ad least gave it 200hp.
      the srt-4 is the biggest piece of crap on the planet. i would sooner drive a ford tempo. its a neon (with some extra ugly bolten on) and as we all know, the dodge neon is a piece of monkey crap. basically what the srt-4 means to me can be summerized in steps

1. take a piece of dog poop
      2. take a rocket engine
      3. place said engine on said poop
      VIOLA!! you have a srt-4

WRX STi and the Evo (not a fan tho) own the srt-4, and as for the 350Z, ill takes me a G35 thank you. i have completed my venting. good day.
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Ha,Ha I was just saying that they could have gave the mazdaspeed more power I dont like the srt4 or any neon lol.
        Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
          the srt-4 is the biggest piece of crap on the planet. i would sooner drive a ford tempo. its a neon (with some extra ugly bolten on) and as we all know, the dodge neon is a piece of monkey crap. basically what the srt-4 means to me can be summerized in steps

1. take a piece of dog poop
          2. take a rocket engine
          3. place said engine on said poop
          VIOLA!! you have a srt-4

WRX STi and the Evo (not a fan tho) own the srt-4, and as for the 350Z, ill takes me a G35 thank you. i have completed my venting. good day.
          look, you have to face the fact. The SRT-4 may not be the most fanciest car, but hey the damn car makes power. It may not be the best handleing car, but then by how much can the car be left in turns before the long str8 and he is wizzing by you.

It's an attempt by dodge, and it not that bad of an attempt. People are buying the cars. I mean the mspeed does look better but it has it's weakness.. From some things I was reading about the srt-4, it's motor is pretty stout. They actually made the car pretty solid. It's only downfall is that it has the relationship to a neon, which are known to be 1 of the cheapest peaces of garbage known to auto's.... aside from the earlier Dohc models which were decent in speed.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

they has a racall on a bad oil pump like 3 months after it was released, few people had blown their enines
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

you don't seem to understand that the SRT-4 is 2/3s the price of those other cars.

SRT-4s are FUN, but yeah...i wouldn't own one beyond the warranty period.
              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
              -93 MR2, 129 ES
              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i had an epiphony (spelling?) you know when the coyote strapped a rocket to his back and put on roller skates? thats the srt-4.
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I'd take an SVT Focus over the SRT-4. Less hp, but around the same price and you get handling, nice interior, and an easily upgradeable engine. MSP's seem to be pretty nice. I'd drive one. Wow, this post got really pointless and off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Protege
                    Ha,Ha I was just saying that they could have gave the mazdaspeed more power I dont like the srt4 or any neon lol.
                    The MSP came out before the SRT-4. Mazda had no idea what the SRT-4 was going to put down when the car hit final production.

Dodge had the advanatge there and made their car come out with more power.

Plus, you have to think long term here. How much power does the Mazdaspeed Miata have? How much more would it need to make if the MSP had 200 hp. How would that effect the rest of the future line-up? How would that go against the Ford offerings?

I don't think Ford would allow Mazda to let the MSP have more power...
                    "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
                    2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Originally posted by StuttersC
                      The MSP came out before the SRT-4. Mazda had no idea what the SRT-4 was going to put down when the car hit final production.

Dodge had the advanatge there and made their car come out with more power.

Plus, you have to think long term here. How much power does the Mazdaspeed Miata have? How much more would it need to make if the MSP had 200 hp. How would that effect the rest of the future line-up? How would that go against the Ford offerings?

I don't think Ford would allow Mazda to let the MSP have more power...
                      That makes perfect sense since the SVT focus also has 170hp. Now why can't we get the WRC RS focus here....sorry, wrong rant.
                      Shaun
                      01 MP3
                      98 civic (stock)

Comment

damn this MSP is garbage! **** this i'm buying a real car.. pulsar gtir... hehehehe seat be saved for my butt i say!

Comment

Originally posted by JapaneseTaabo
                          damn this MSP is garbage! **** this i'm buying a real car.. pulsar gtir... hehehehe seat be saved for my butt i say!
                          /yourself
                          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

/yourself

Comment

Working...
                            X