X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that's sexy!!!

I might have to build me one of those.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      how much clearence do you have inbetween the wg and rad?
      looks pretty tight in the pics!! hope your engine mounts are ultra stiff!! (i still haven't changed mine out. my engine feels like a ping pong ball bouncing around in a 5 gallon bucket.. )

Originally posted by almightybmw View Post
      I want one!
      +1
      miss my '93 LX at every corner
      photo album
      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

i can tell you i had charge pipe punch a hole in my radiator
        eat me

Comment

no issues with clearance & yes my mounts are stiff, my engine will never rock enough to cause impact to my radiator.

Im not entirely sure what radiator it is, its an ARC® radiator from yahoo japan auctions, that i had mildly altered with new mounting pegs & tweaking the lower feed pipe angle.

its a 3-4psi spring, it sucks, but i've gotten it to hold a solid 10 psi with a 1psi increase up to 11 (due to the gain being cranked) instant 10 then a move to 11 almost immediately.... quite nice. it never dips above or below 11psi
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

wow its about time you get some higher boost! I always rememberd you saying that you were on like 7psi or something low like that.
            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              first impression: much much nicer then the pure open downpipe.
              second impression: a stiffer/higher PSI spring would make for less adjustment on the EBC, but tuning it in has now become fun.
              third impression: JESUS CHRIST!!! i've never been in a car that drove that smooth. accelleration is constant & so purely smooth. PSI is the same @ any point in the range, no more variences @ all. ROCK SOLID PSI!
              I must say for the record.... external wastegate is one of the things i'll never get rid of or go back... the time & money invested was well worth it. I've yet to flange the exhaust & hook it up decently again but soon enough im going to make a section i can remove of the piping for track days
              SOOOO MUCH QUIETER NOW.

i'll shut my pie hole & post pics now

You mean that you have never had your CS downpipe connected to your exhaust system? You have always ran open exhaust?

I did that for one night and it made my throttle response crappy at certain rpms.
              Now she's patched up and really quiet now I had a flex pipe installed also to prevent any cracks to form on the downpipe.
              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

i ranthe CS downpipe for ages, it was smooth, but with the external its even smoother then i remember
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Ive been looking at this adapter. Its a t3 to t4 adapter with a external flange in it. Might buy it and weld it to the bpt manifold. Im already in the process of welding on a T3 flange for the drag car. So this might be a easier route to have t3 with external wastegate. Im going to buy it anyways and if it doesnt work out I have a few MR2 turbo guys that might want it.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by TurboProto; 10-13-2007, 02:10 PM.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Its nice but will make the turbo sit too low to have a proper oil return line.
                    hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

^ as stated

Comment

Yea but its going to be on the drag car and the oil return line can be located in another spot using a N/A oil pan. Im going to take measurements just for the hell of it and see what I come up with. Im pretty sure your right about it being too low. That was my first concern.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

The return tube must be above the oil level in the pan remember as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                            The return tube must be above the oil level in the pan remember as well.
                            Oh yea I know!

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

if it's only a drag car you could always make a small sump/reservoir below the turbo and use an electric pump to scavenge the oil back to the pan. There's a turbo vette at my local track that runs something similar to that (except that he uses a single stage dry sump pump to scavenge back to the pan)

93' 5spd DX
                              R.I.P

Comment

i've seen that on a probe V6 as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X