na hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

na hp

I finially decided on what engine i'm putting in the festiva (a BP) so i sold my b6t and am going to build a NA bp for now and work on a turbo engine when i get the money. Here's the plan, B8 (sohc) crank (weighs 8lbs less then BP crank) carillio (spelling) a rods (lightweight and will resuse for turbo motor) Decked head with port and polish and maybe titanium valve springs. EGT tubular header and 2 1/4 in straight back exhaust. Exintake cam swap with adjustable cam gears. lightweight flywheel. Megasquirt and 48mm e30 m3 itb's. not sure on what pistons yet, i'd like to use something stock that will give me the highest CR, any suggestions? any idea on when it will stop making power. i'd like to make above 160 ATW think i will?

Thanks,
    Garret

sorry if it's not in the right spot. we have no NA section...

Comment

your going to need better cams and allot of head work

Comment

for 160whp?

Comment

you'll never see over 160whp NA unless you invest in boost
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That's not true. With ITB's and a custom designed high rpm cam he could. It also wouldn't idle. And be a bitch to drive. But it would be possible.

Likely or realistic. Well those are different.

Then again 80% of these post are all pipe dreams and crazy makeups so who cares.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
            Originally posted by HopelessCow
            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

guess i'll just have to go turbo from the start. anyone want my e30 m3 itb's?

Comment

use your ITB's & create a plenum for boost.... control that on MS2 & be happy
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i was kind of thinking that, but would the advantages be worth it? i mean if i sell them it's just more money for a proper turbo build

Comment

bah, you can see 160whp n/a! i'd just involve going standalone, getting headwork, oversized valves, MAYBE bottom end work, cams, cam gears, modified intake manifold, header, exhaust, head decked...then tune!

hell my friend broke 132whp with a B-code vaf, header, exhaust, exhintake cam w/ 2 adjustable cam gears and an afpr.

JACK.
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I agree, its possible, however it will be difficult to build for NA power, and be adaptable for turbo later. You have to choose pretty much on or the other, if you're going for 160 hp I think you'd be better with the stock rods, as I believe they're lighter, also in stock pistons you have some miata pistons that are 10:1 or something similar, not sure what year 2000-2001 I think but somebody else can reply to confirm. if you can manage that, you'll be doing good

nick
                      Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                      sigpic

Comment

160whp Can be done! It's just going to cost you some $$$$$ I'm going itb's, but not aiming for HP #s really... I'm just doing it for fun

Comment

hmm id do this
                          ...Miata 2001 head, 11:1 pistons, rods, BP02 crank, Ali flywheel, Ali Pullys , high lift cams & gears, ITB's, ECU , headers and tuned lenght Exhaust. Tuning, tuning and more tuning

it'll be very close to 160whp

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                          1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

bingo, but it would definitely not be boost friendly
                            Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X