intercooler and piping setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intercooler and piping setup

some of you may know that i had a mx-3 that i swapped a bpt into.

had that running for a while till i fell in love with the BG 323..
    now,... i've swapped the the engine over to the 323 along with the front and rear sub frames.. i now realize that the piping will have to run differently..

any one have pics to give me ideas?? thanks in advance
    '90 323 SE BP swap'd.

'92 MX-3... mx-turbo, retired

This is how it was done on mine.

Did it a bit diffrent on the old GTX.

Frontfanger, grill og lykter demontert.

Adjø, og takk for denne gang.

Tom front.

Her har jeg skjært hull til rørgang fra turbo til intercooler. Gikk først over med Ferrimax og karroseribeskyttelse for å hindre rust, før jeg sprettet en 8mm slange og la denne irundt i hullet for å hindre at silikonslangen på rørgangen skal risse seg opp.

Flens og silikonbend fra turbo.

Rørgang fra turbo, før slangeklemmer blir montert.

Denne rørgangen har jeg sett før..

Intercooler begynner å komme på plass.

På med frontfanger igjen.

Ferdig resultat.
    - 1993 Mazda 323 GT-R

x 1991 Mazda 323 GTX - Sold

Helix organic clutchdisc - Bigger aluminium radiator. - GReddy radiatortop - New front mounted intercooler (675x250x76mm total) - Polished stainless steel Inletpipe from turbo to intake - Turbo XS RFL dump - Apexi airfilter - 2,5" stainless steel from turbo, with 4" muffler. - Walbro fuelpump with Sard fuelpumpfilter - Sytec fuelfilter, with Sytec hoseclamp and 8mm steelspunnfuelhose - GReddy expansion tank - Samco silicone hoses -- - D2 coilovers - EBC brake disks front and rear - EBC kevlar brakepads front - EBC greenstuff brakepads rear - Goodridge stainless steel brake lines - 7,5x17" Speedline Corse (ET38) with 215/40-17 Pirelli Pzero Nero - 5,5x15" Powdercoated Enkei (Org. GT-R) (ET45) with 185/55-15 N0kian HK5 studded -- Sparco steering wheel - Sparco pedals - GReddy Profec E-01 - GReddy turbotimer - GReddy turbo presure gauge - GReddy oiltemp gauge from gearbox - GReddy exhaust temp gauge - Pyle alarm and central locking - Pioneer DEH P88MP CD/MP3-player - Bigger spoiler - Bi-xenon 6000k - Bosch Pilot 160 foglight

Comment

thanx for the quick reply, that looks very sexy. What size is that intercooler? 24x12x3
      '90 323 SE BP swap'd.

Comment

Please start using the search button ppl

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

haha i sorry Turpro, i just realized i was searching in the wrong forum.... i guess im one of those idiots that dont know how to use the search function on this site
          '90 323 SE BP swap'd.

Comment

NNNOOOOOO WHY WHY WHY do you have studs on that car???? time to get a beater man I would NEVER let a gtr see winter duty! remember no mater how well YOUR car is setup for winter there are idiots driving too fast on bald tires in heavy ass cars. I never fear my driving in the winter its all the other miserable idiots who think their 4wd makes them invincible so they drive too fast when 4wd wont stop their car a millisecond faster than my fwd car.

there is a setup forsale in the forsale section made by turboproto (i believe is his user name) steve being his name. Its a decent setup, the pipe off the turbo toward the passanger frame rail needs work but the rest of the kit works great and its "almost" bolt in for 350 bucks... see the thread on this kit in the performance reviews section.
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

FazdaBoy4ever: These cars are made for this cold country i live in. Cant wait to the vinter starts in 2-3 months. Fun fun fun
              Last edited by nlight; 09-05-2008, 02:32 AM.
              - 1993 Mazda 323 GT-R

x 1991 Mazda 323 GTX - Sold

Helix organic clutchdisc - Bigger aluminium radiator. - GReddy radiatortop - New front mounted intercooler (675x250x76mm total) - Polished stainless steel Inletpipe from turbo to intake - Turbo XS RFL dump - Apexi airfilter - 2,5" stainless steel from turbo, with 4" muffler. - Walbro fuelpump with Sard fuelpumpfilter - Sytec fuelfilter, with Sytec hoseclamp and 8mm steelspunnfuelhose - GReddy expansion tank - Samco silicone hoses -- - D2 coilovers - EBC brake disks front and rear - EBC kevlar brakepads front - EBC greenstuff brakepads rear - Goodridge stainless steel brake lines - 7,5x17" Speedline Corse (ET38) with 215/40-17 Pirelli Pzero Nero - 5,5x15" Powdercoated Enkei (Org. GT-R) (ET45) with 185/55-15 N0kian HK5 studded -- Sparco steering wheel - Sparco pedals - GReddy Profec E-01 - GReddy turbotimer - GReddy turbo presure gauge - GReddy oiltemp gauge from gearbox - GReddy exhaust temp gauge - Pyle alarm and central locking - Pioneer DEH P88MP CD/MP3-player - Bigger spoiler - Bi-xenon 6000k - Bosch Pilot 160 foglight

Comment

Working...
              X