best way to keep vics open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to keep vics open

vj20 on a n/a bp with a gtx/r ecu. is there a way to keep it permanently open without taking apart the intake manifold? or is the best way to just open it up and rip out the butterfly valves?
    sigpic

i remember before, ryan told me to used a hobbs switch.. but never really got around using it
    My Toys =D

Comment

Yeah, use a zip-tie.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Or just plug the vacuum directly to the intake manifold.They will be closed at idle and be tottaly open from atmospheric pressure and above...
        Their normal position is open. Only vacuum is used to keep them closed...

Comment

Or disconnect the vacuum source from the VICS and plug it up so you won't get a vacuum leak on the engine side.

Comment

sweet! thanks guys
            sigpic

Comment

and which vacuum hose would this be? pic maybe?
              all your vtach belong to me
              sigpic

Comment

on the left of the IM, there's one for your FPR, and the other goes to the vics soleonoid, or canister, not sure which it goes to first, but yeah, thats the VICS vacuum source.

Nick
                Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                sigpic

Comment

its the vac line that goes to the VIC solonoid lol. not the pinkish sensor.

JACK.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Ok I think I got it, haven't seen if it's made any performance difference but i noticed that it runs a little smoother in mid range rpm....can't test the performance cuz my stock clutch slips like a mofo now!
                    sigpic

Comment

believe it or not, but you want this to function just the same boosted as you do NA. Mazda really did have purpose in designing it the way they did, you can see 15+ ft lbs in the low range having the VICS functioning properly.
                      i reccomend 4700-4800 for an opening point under boost. if you can figure out how to do this. Mad props. just share it with the rest of us.

Or just plug the vacuum directly to the intake manifold.They will be closed at idle and be tottaly open from atmospheric pressure and above...
                      Their normal position is open. Only vacuum is used to keep them closed...
                      ^^^^ whatever you do do not do that. VICS will not function like that. it will vary in how much the butterfly valves open dependant upon vacum level in a scale. it is not an on/off switch as most assume. any drop in vacum will result in minor opening of the butterfly valves. your better off with them either open all the time or closed all the time. depends on your use of driving.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i'll def play around with it when i get my clutch! but thanks for the info! gives me something to work on!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X