pic's on installin a boost controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic's on installin a boost controller?

can some one show me a pic of where the vaccum lines go on a boost controller i know that one goes to the wastegate vaccum line but a local shop told me i had to tap the charge side of the turbo and put a nipple is that true ?

Originally posted by stylingtwagon View Post
    can some one show me a pic of where the vaccum lines go on a boost controller i know that one goes to the wastegate vaccum line but a local shop told me i had to tap the charge side of the turbo and put a nipple is that true ?
    You don't have to tap into the turbo itself. It can be anywhere along the charge pipes. But it IS better the closer you have it to the turbo itself.

Basically it goes like: nipple off turbo(or charge pipe), then to the boost controller, then to the wategate. And make sure you don't hook it up backwards. There is normally an arrow on the boost controller that points TOWARDS THE WASTEGATE.
    I just told this to someone else in another thread in this section too.
    Tyler has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by theredrocket View Post
      You don't have to tap into the turbo itself. It can be anywhere along the charge pipes. But it IS better the closer you have it to the turbo itself.

Basically it goes like: nipple off turbo(or charge pipe), then to the boost controller, then to the wategate. And make sure you don't hook it up backwards. There is normally an arrow on the boost controller that points TOWARDS THE WASTEGATE.
      I just told this to someone else in another thread in this section too.
      People don't search. How many times has the rx7 injector question been asked this month?
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
        People don't search. How many times has the rx7 injector question been asked this month?

I'm a fairly patient guy. I had nothing better to do than answering.
        Tyler has spoken

Comment

thank u im uasually lasz for going and searching for hours .lol

Comment

Originally posted by stylingtwagon View Post
            thank u im uasually lasz for going and searching for hours .lol
            Took me about 30 seconds... *shrug*

just buggin' ya. but seriously though, at least try searching first, or the other members will get annoyed, as you've seen...
            Tyler has spoken

Comment

yeah, I even posted pics in the other thread.

http://wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39179
              Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
              sigpic

Comment

i already read that i just wanted to know if i had to drill and tap the turbo or rrun off the charge pipe .

Comment

Run it off a charge pipe. There are 2 trains of thought.

Tap it right by the turbo for an accurate/lower psi signal (due to intercooler losses)

Tap it off a charge pipe near the throttle for a slightly laggy/higher psi (due to accurate PSI level that enters engine)
                  Drew
                  '95 EGT 1.8
                  T
                  '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                  '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Working...
                  X