have some qustions about my setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have some qustions about my setup

ok, i plan to run the following on a stock bp...

vj11/17 hybrid
    hi imp rx7 460s
    gtr ecu
    rx7 vaf
    15 psi

what do you guys think about this setup? What should i expect as far as a/f ratios with the gtr ecu and the 460s? I was going to run a gtx ecu and injectors w/ the hybrid, but came across the 460s on the cheap, and the bpc8 in an...interesting way..

ive been looking around and doing some research, but to be up front this will be my first go at joining the darkside, lol.

comments, qustions, flammage?
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Sounds like a good list of parts. Will you be running a wideband to adjust the afr's? That looks like the only other thing you will need to be good.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
      Sounds like a good list of parts. Will you be running a wideband to adjust the afr's? That looks like the only other thing you will need to be good.
      yes, im saving up for an aem uego and other gauges at the moment. Thanks for your input.
      DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

You will want a bigger turbo. Trust me

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Please tell me why. (dont forget, im still trying to learn up ). will i run too rich under boost?

anyone know the air flow rate of the vj23?
          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

not that just saying that you will get addicted and want some serious power and want to go bigger. Happens to everyone that goes turbo. I have the itch also
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
              not that just saying that you will get addicted and want some serious power and want to go bigger. Happens to everyone that goes turbo. I have the itch also

Well I was sorta joking, but if you have the GTR ECU and the 460 injectors then you can do a lot better with the fuel maps. I would go with a bigger one straight from the start so you don't waste $$ on new setups and stuff. I have been there and done that...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
              Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

ahh, i see. thank you. so the 460s on the gtr ecu should idle and cruise out of boost fine? im hoping not to need a safc. I would be running a stock fpr.
                DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Working...
                X