• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FM Wiseco's I have...

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Then again there is a big group on miataturbo that have Supertech.

The ST have a much nicer valve pocket compared to the open wide Wisecos...

Comment

i like individual valve pockets.... but in terms of piston manufacture. im not sure how much id trust "supertech" pistons

either way. unless you have a net result of 9.5:1 or higher its not really much fun IMHO. off boost MPG skyrockets over the lesser. if its your daily driver go for higher compression
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yah maybe. OTOH lower compression means higher boost on pump gas. My street car's a dog at low rev. Stock GTR CR is what, 8.5:1 or something, but who cares, cuz give it some rev and it's able to hold 22psi to redline on 92 octane. I'll take that trade. IF you can make that much boost at 9.6:1 on pump gas and not blow up, then by all means go for it, but I dunno if it'll last long.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Well, when Super Tech pistons are sold on group buys on a miataturbo forum, I think its for a reason, else the seller would get burned on a heartbeat.

I thought the same of going with Wiseco, JE or whatever flashy brands, but when I saw everybody at the forums went with them decided to give it a shot.

Who knows? But the owner of the machine shop told me to feel confident as they look of very high quality, that do not be shy on boosting ( of course as long as it is tuned).

Comment

Working...
            X