Fast acting IAT sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
    awesome! So you just pulled the old IAT sensor from the VAF (little plastic nipple), sealed it up, then setup the new sensor on the charge pipe, then connected the 2 wires? seems pretty damn simple lol
    Deleted my vaf I just simulated the vaf using a 4 wire tps and input the signals into my fic, since they are both poteniometer They should be similar in operation. I did some data logging with my fic plug in the values and did some very arach tuning, good to go

GM IAT are fast acting too, been looking them up online lol seeing what I can find at the wrecking yard so I can get a good placement on it.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Intake Air Temperature Sensor with Connector Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

I know it's more expensive, just showing it's fast acting though...could probably find cheaper.
    Unless you are on a standalone you cant use a GM IAT sensor on the BP ecu, they use different values. Hence why im so excited i found a useable on the cheap.

Got back from another drive with absolutley no tuning involved it already drives 10 x better than before, I did notice after a couple of 3rd and 4th gear pulls it ran rich for a split second on cruise afterwards (instead of 14.5-15.5 was closer to 13.5-14) Im assuming this is because there may be some residual WSW (meth/water duh) left on the sensor, no big deal.

Other than this its fantastic.
    -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

MEGAsquirt - GM Open Element IAT Sensor part number - Does anyone know the part number for GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector? I'd rather just buy it locally and be done with it.

For the cheaper gm alternative
      -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

The great advantages of WMI is that you are able to increase timing. Did you just increase base timing or did something else?

Comment

Yes i have bumped the base timing a few degrees.13* on a bp10 Though I still have timing pulled out under boost... 15-17 psi on a t3

I was also under the impression that the Iat sensor had a large effect on ignition timing, no?
          -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

AEM FIC? wow, did you get a good deal on it? lol that's almost in the same cost range as MS.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

AEM FIC? wow, did you get a good deal on it? lol that's almost in the same cost range as MS.
              Dont knock it till you try it.
              It did 2 things for me
              1. very easy to tune.
              2. very easy to wire.
              The ms i tried before and could never quite get it right, I had this up and running in about 2 hours.

Besides it dosent hurt to be different does it?
              -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

Do you have a way of monitoring knock (a wideband knock sensor) .... or getting on a dyno and looking for MBT? That would be the way I would be adjusting timing

Comment

Originally posted by nos92mx3 View Post
                  Dont knock it till you try it.
                  It did 2 things for me
                  1. very easy to tune.
                  2. very easy to wire.
                  The ms i tried before and could never quite get it right, I had this up and running in about 2 hours.

Besides it dosent hurt to be different does it?
                  not knocking anything lol just haven't heard of it being ran on a BP setup. Very interesting, especially since you were able to remove your VAF.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                    Do you have a way of monitoring knock (a wideband knock sensor) .... or getting on a dyno and looking for MBT? That would be the way I would be adjusting timing
                    I do have a turbo xs knocklite, also ive been going by reading plugs...
                    -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

I do have a turbo xs knocklite, also ive been going by reading plugs...
                      Does this EMS give you full control over timing?

Comment

i wonder if there is any benifit to this sensor when using an OEM ecu
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                          i wonder if there is any benifit to this sensor when using an OEM ecu
                          Dont know, who wants to be a guinnea pig?
                          Does this EMS give you full control over timing?
                          It allows timing to be retarded but not advanced, not a big deal when i can just bump the disty...
                          -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

i don't know how fast reacting the OEM IAT is or how accurate it is after so many years ya know.

PS does polarity matter?
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It allows timing to be retarded but not advanced, not a big deal when i can just bump the disty...
                              Heh, I know exactly how that works ...

It is somewhat limiting in that you can't change the timing curve but regardless, this seemed to be a solution that worked well for you.

Comment

Heh, I know exactly how that works ...

It is somewhat limiting in that you can't change the timing curve but regardless, this seemed to be a solution that worked well for you.
                                Define timing curve.

The igntion table is 21x17 rpm x map based...
                                Sure i have to use the bp10 timing table as a base map.
                                -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

Working...
                                X