stock replacement clutch and boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock replacement clutch and boost

how many of you are running a stock replacement clutch and boost?

i ask because i bought a awd protege that had a brand new clutch in the box sitting in the back seat, its for a sohc though.
    well i was thinking of using it instead of buying a new aftermarket/performance clutch, i have only ran aftermarket/performance clutches on my boosted bg's.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

yeah, good luck with that.

my stock 120k clutch was smoked in a week at 10 psi.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

i had an oem replacement clutch in my boosted 323. it slipped above like 4k. i would not recommend it

NW MAZDAS

Comment

I ran a stock replacement bp g series clutch with my vj11 setup @9 psi for about a year before I took the turbo off. The guy who bought it I believe is still on that same clutch now. Never slipped on me.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

How often do you wanna take that awd gearbox out to do a clutch job? HINT: Once.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Thanks for the input, I figured I ask just to see since I had this brand new one laying around.
            In the past I just ordered preformance miata 1.8 clutch kits.
            So with that being said what other model cars clutch kits will work, iirc I thought I heard a mx6/probe one but didnt know the years and for what motor and tranz combo
            Last edited by ryan1; 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM.
            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Dude, ****ing search, that's been covered a million times.
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Working...
              X