No announcement yet.

Turbo Manifold Group Buy Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look inside the flage. Real quality work there.

My big problems. The welds i dont mind given if i did it i am sure they would look worse. BUT the runner length variations are horrid and if i am gonna buy a custom i would prefer a external wastgate. The position of the turbo i am not to fond of either... Overall i consider this a bad design. *shurg*

Whereas for cheaper you can get a equal length cast header that will last longer too. Your turbo selection isnt as wide open but you can make a adapter plate.

-torp.
    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

So why don't some of you that have the materials and tools to do this do it and sell them on here....if materials are less than $20 you could make a good profit, c'mon i'm just trying to explore my options and find the best i can for a decent price....can anyone else on here put together a buy on manifolds for a decent price?? I am looking into getting one.

Comment

that is cool that you are going some footwork for a turbo mani.

guys lay off if you dont like the welds then grind them down, and a mirror finish it is a manifold it needs to be a very ferrous material, ie not shinny stanless, ot be a good manifold.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I hate to bag on someone making custom parts for our cars (ok it's for a Kia, but very close) but i looks like something i'd make, and i've never picked up a welder in my life. In all honesty, even with the labor, it's worth about $150 tops, IMHO.

Comment

yeah, that looks like it would crack pretty easily, once it heats up... I would say you could install it on your car first. Do a few 80mph runs @ 1hour each run and see if that **** doesn't crack..
            If it doesn't crack then it's a damn good product.
            and people would buy it.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

1 hour @ 80mph, i think my motor would crack lol.
              00 dakota 4x4
              90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Oh my.

I don't know anything about turbo, but I wouldn't trust that to be under MY hood. I suspect that that would crack easily. Especially if it is subjected to heat...

Also those welds are poor at best.

Basically its an expensive, ugly paperweight.
                ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                X