No announcement yet.

Turbo upgrade, FMIC install, 460 injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon if you're ever in my neck of the woods, you can borrow my boost gauge to see what it's running.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
      Jon if you're ever in my neck of the woods, you can borrow my boost gauge to see what it's running.
      Thanks Bo. I should get out there more than I do. I love that area.
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

wish i could troubleshoot this in person. i reckon i could have it sorted out in a day's time.
        sorry your having issues as of now tho when you get it sorted. you'll be happy im certain
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

No worries Ryan. It's probably just me being OCD stupid. I'm going to keep working at it though.

Comment

Have you done a boost leak test at all? I got a 2" PCV end cap and added a tire valve to it then installed it in place of the air flow meter, then duct tape your tail pipe closed...pump some air in and get some soapy water in a spray bottle and go to town. Sounds like it's going dead rich due to not enough air and too much fuel.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Update.
              I took it for the longest drive yet today and it did just fine. I'm starting to think the engine is performing just the way it should with a hybrid turbo of this size. If I want to increase torque, then maybe some 9-1 pistons with some forged rods.(GTX ECU?) (LOL as if that'll ever happen) I can increase timing a bit I think.

It does have an air leak somewhere so when the new boost gauge gets here, I'm going to spend the weekend tracking stuff down. I'm going to put it up on stands, pull the radiator, and go to town. I may go so far as to pull the turbo back off and reseal the hot side. I've had a nagging feeling that when I turned it to clock it properly I defeated the seal I had created. (thought) Maybe I'll check that with some soapy spray before I tear into it.

My goals, no air leaks from VAF to TB, make sure WG and hotside are doing what they're supposed to be doing, install boost gauge next to MTX-L and host YT video of launch. (should be interesting)

Turns out I'm going back to school soon so I'm going to be busy and broke as hell. Getting one kid married off too. I have some things I want to get going on, selling stuff to buy a torsion LSD, or maybe one of the awesome group buys that are always going on, IDK. Where's this project going really?
              Last edited by 1st Gen; 06-22-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

So this car doesn't have a GTX ecu?
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

Yes.

Comment

jon what are you running for an ecu then???
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by fe3-323 View Post
                      jon what are you running for an ecu then???
                      gtx.

Comment

Nice build 1st Gen. You could weld the i/c pipes for the turbo to intercooler together and eliminate some of those silicone hose. Less hoses to check if looking for a boost leak.

Comment

Bump for old thread that might get some interest. It's funny how I miss these cars.

Comment

Working...
                          X