Weird Idle after Turbo my BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Idle after Turbo my BP

Finished Turbo install, had an ECU hiccup since I am using ATX harness which I fixed after re-pinning. Finally got it started up and it runs smooth.

When I rev it, it returns to idle speed but then jumps from 1700->2200rpm every couple of seconds. Any ideas what this could be??

Thought it was related to vacuum lines but checked everything does not seem to be any leaks. I don't think idle adjust screw will fix it, nor do I think it is my RX7 VAF that I had tuned 4 clicks from baseline...
    Last edited by Jovian2k; 04-30-2014, 03:43 PM.

1993 BlacknBronz RS BP/ MTX Swapped!
    Worklog
    For Sale Thread

i replied in your mx3 thread too, but check the bov, i bet thats the problem

NW MAZDAS

Comment

yeah let me check, it is a ebay BOV hope it's not the issue

Worklog
      For Sale Thread

Comment

yea if its an ebay one, odds are even better thats the problem. they dont seal very well.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Just went to check that took off BOV horn so I could cover it started it up, rev'ed it and the idle came down to normal... didn't jump as before
          Last edited by Jovian2k; 04-30-2014, 06:05 PM.

Worklog
          For Sale Thread

Comment

yeah, knockoff Greddy valves are pretty much the worst. how tight do you have the spring?
            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I loosened the spring all the way, seems very tight still. I tried to re-install it making sure it seals well and it seems to. I cannot appreciate any vaccum leak have been looking around... I would buy a real Greddy if it would solve this problem but not sure if that's it.

Worklog
              For Sale Thread

Comment

yeah, pretty sure you went the wrong way with it- I think you'd want to tighten it. the springs in those knockoffs are junk though, I think sometimes they even double up on the springs and that makes them act funny. know anyone who has a legit Greddy you can borrow?
                sigpic

Comment

I wish! I'm in Stratford, CT if anyone is willing to help!

Worklog
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

oh ****, really? your location says Brooklyn. is that thing mobile? I might be able to let you borrow one of mine to see if it solves the problem.
                    sigpic

Comment

Adjusting BOV from hard/soft did not change a thing. I screwed the idle adjust screw all the way tight and it lowered the RPM's down and RPM's stopped jumping! I then adjusted RX7 VAF turning it back (from 4 or 5 clicks counter-clockwise back to 0 turns) and it is idling smoothly around 1000!

Worklog
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X