No announcement yet.

BP DOHC turbo headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But for sure will the ports stil match up after it is turned upside down? I know for sure using it how its intended the ports will match up....

I was thinking today and what i am going to do is either:
    A) get my radiator (its a Geo Storm Radiator off of my brothers parts car, its only 1 inch thick) cut smaller w/ custom end tanks
    B) buy one small enough to...

Remove the A/C Condensor and putting the radiator where the condensor used to be, that would free up quite a bit of space.

Even putting the Geo Storm radiator put into it now would make a difference, they measure the same size width by lenght...

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
      Also wtf would you want an external wastegate? I mean i dont think anyone with a protege needs one unless youre gonna be pushing like 20psi. It interested me for a min. but NAHHH.

YOU SIR ARE NOT AN EXTREMEST...

lol ...

nah the external wastegate does a much better job of controling the boost than the internal.. What do you do when the internal fails.

But the internal is good , especially if you don't have any heart and don't plan on upping the boost.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I really don't know how many times I have to tell you guys.
        If you want a turbo manifold or whatever else turbo,

Beau and MAmotorsports is more than willing to help out. Weather tubalar or log style. He CAN MAKE THEM .. weather 1st or 2nd gen BP .. or Z5. He won't rape you on charges either..
        We will be getting my manifold done soon, so all of you can see what it looks like and boom , there will be a manifold out for the 1st and 2nd gen BP..
        Bruce

edit: here is his contact info..

beau@mentaladdictionmotorsports.com
        Last edited by bruce95fmla; 03-29-2004, 01:18 PM.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Want to make a post for me and I'll sticky it? "Where to get Tubular Manifolds"
          -Braden
          '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

[QUOTE=bruce95fmla]What do you do when the internal fails.
            QUOTE]

Thats what a boost gauge is for. : P
            sigpic

Comment

how much does he charge though...if you can get the ebay mani for $200 then have someone fab a flange for another $50 you're only going to be paying $250...I though i saw you post somewhere that he would charge 500 for a log manifold...I could be wrong on that though.

Comment

I agree with ^^tweaks^^

I stayed close to the guy who helped me with custom piping for the subaru, and bring him customer constantly.

just for example, he'll charge me $150 for SS cat-back if i bring in a muffler. that is including material and labor, and he's been doing it for 13years!!

he quoted me $300 for a full custom turbo back on the pro, and tubing from intake to turbo, and turbo to TB.

Q

Comment

yeah honestly for $500 id rather buy the materials and even F*uck it up a few times before i get it right. Now $500 for somehting more radical than a log style would be worth it...

I decided though that i am going to try it in my own, only $30 on materials for each one i try... Hopefully i'll get the first one right.

Comment

Working...
                  X