Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challange Protege/323? We need YOU!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know what MX-3s go for in the states, but if you could find a dirt dirt cheap one i think the KL swap is much easier since it has the V6 subframe and what not. it also has better brakes, mine regularly fades them...probably because the speedo swings past 140kph so fast
    13.66@102

Comment

updates?
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

check the forum i posted earlier

we're continuing to plan out things, but we wont have the car until after the new year.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

update:

looks like we won't be doing the supercharger setup, at least now not. Just don't have the time (6 weeks of weekends) to fully build the setup and make it run right. Other issue is that there are possible issues with our blower.

so now we're looking at maybe a few other things to get power, including possibly a nitrous system
          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

I thought you had to follow SCCA rules and nitrous wasnt allowed.....

Comment

For the autocross, it is not. However, it WOULD certainly help with the drag race

And I replied to your PM.

It looks more and more like we're going to have to strip it out and make it as light as possible to be able to get any sort of speed out of the car. We'll keep looking. Looks like we may be able to ditch the VAF and use a MAF, which would be nice.
              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

lol.... true. I would be tempted to use it on the straights in the autoX tho

Comment

Well, if you've been following the other message board, you've probably figured this out already, but our plan for the GRM Project 323 has come to a sad end. We simply don't have enough time to build the car the way we'd want to in order to participate in the event.

In some good news, I will still be purchasing the 323, for my own little beater project... back to the BG for me.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

SELL ME THE INTERIOR... I need it badly.
                    Door panels and rear trunk pieces.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

hehe, we'll see...
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

lol... sad to see it go, but glad to see jesse in another mazda bg car.

Comment

am i reading right? jesses back in the mazda bg scene? Don't destroy this one jesse!
                          00 dakota 4x4
                          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Originally posted by ne3ek
                            am i reading right? jesses back in the mazda bg scene? Don't destroy this one jesse!
                            heh... yeah, ill try to keep this one shiny side up.
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

I too am building a BG for the GRM $200X Challenge...maybe we could swap ideas sometime?
                              Armitage Shanks 116iSE Fagtronic

Comment

check your other thread, i already commented
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X