No announcement yet.

Dyno's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to agree that it's the dyno shops gear with the dyno. They didn't hook it up right.

Over at FM we started and had a goofy reading like yours, switched equipment and everything went fine from then on.

I thought someone tried the Unichip but couldn't get it wired up correctly...Traveler I think.
    "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

If anyone else has dyno's please feel free to jack this thread and post them, the more the better. And i'd be nice to have several in the same place.
      "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0041
        Is the Haltech for use on a 2.0L 3rd gen? I've seen some posts about it, but haven't paid much attention to it, something new to research.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

If anyone else has dyno's please feel free to jack this thread and post them, the more the better. And i'd be nice to have several in the same place.
          Mods, you can combine My Dyno with this tread if you like.
          Randy
          Sand Mica
          2002.5 ES A/T
          Texas Spokes Sports Car Club
          HS 26

Comment

Thanks for the link. Does anyone think it would be a worthwhile investment for a NA car?

Comment

My friend Jyri has a page with a few dino graphs on his 1.6 liter Miata.

The last graph compares it to my '96 1.8 Miata (BP motor).

Comment

Once the links work again on FP's site, I'll post the links to my stock dyno.
                "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

I think your reading the wrong line for the AF. In the first graph the AF is around 15 till 60MPH then drops to 11.5. Lean at first then going towards the rich side.

As far as a standalone, what would you recomend or have you seen anyone before on the board with one?
                  Heh.. Nuts. I looked too quickly at the graph.

I personally own a Wolf3D by WolfEMS. They're owned by AEM, but AEM had -nothing- to do with the design and development of the Wolf. It's an awesome system.

Check out www.wolfems.com.au
                  They have a lot of information, and you can download the install guide and manual for the system, too.

I'm still waiting on a few things before I wire my Pro up. If you're a capable person, going at it with a new EMS shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, a lot of people buy certain systems because of a particular support base within or around their location. If you know someone with a Haltech, it will be easier to deal with when you find yourself stuck with a problem. Others buy certain systems to be able to obtain fuel maps from someone else, so they don't have to do any lengthy tuning with their system.

All EMS are the same in functionality. If you can wire up a compeletely different EMS than your next door neighboor, you can still ask him for his maps. Provided you understand how to control/manipulate your fuel (and sometimes your ignition and timing) maps, you don't need to really have the same system as he does. The only real need for the same system is for him to actually help your silly ass out of a problem. :D

If you're really into understanding and knowing how your engine works and performs with different settings, getting a standalone and tuning your engine is priceless as a tool. Unfortunately, I've seen idiots plug one in and totally ruin their engine because they don't know how to tune, but that's an extreme case.
                  The most important thing to remember is being rich is safe. 12.5 is ideal under acceleration; 14.7 is ideal for crusing while keeping emissions down (going leaner while crusing is key for mileage).

As for your fuel injectors, the only reason you would want to replace them is after finding out they are maxed out at those high revs, which really shouldn't be an issue. Though, I really don't know enough about the FS engine and it's components. Maybe getting a better intake will help. If you go the route of a standalone, you'll definitely find out which is the case.

Good luck.
                  Bryan
                  MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Is the Wolf system a complete replacement, or can it run parallel?

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Originally posted by StuttersC
                      Is the Wolf system a complete replacement, or can it run parallel?
                      It's a complete system and replaces the stock ECU.
                      Bryan
                      MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                      Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Ok, cool....Thanks.

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Dyno

Hey I got my results on the dyno.. I haven't loaded my graph yet on my computer yet but I should have it posted in the nest day or two.

I did max power at 110 and max torque at 120

this was at 4th gear pull from 2500 to 6700
                          fourth is my weakest gear to
                          like I said I should have the graph on soon.....
                          Team //Intrusion-K.C.

<^> (*~*) <^>

Comment

what mods do you have done Mazdapro?

Comment

dyno

The only mods I have is a CAI and a Racing Beat Cat Back Exhaust
                              Team //Intrusion-K.C.

<^> (*~*) <^>

Comment

Re: dyno

Dyno Chart
                                Attached Files
                                Team //Intrusion-K.C.

<^> (*~*) <^>

Comment

Working...
                                X