Anyone going to Daytona 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mzdachik98
    don't forget about the heat......it gets REALLY hot in those cars....and they're wearing the uniforms and stuff too......yea.....i'm sure he could jump right in and go in a circle......riiiiiiiight......but, i agree, it's not for everybody....

and i wouldn't say it's better than sex......i mean, i haven't driven a race car or nething, but...uh.....i don't think nething's better than sex....some things r as good as..lol....and some things r close, but....NOTHING's better....lol
    well, i have been 140-150mph in a stock car and even at that speed, it's the most exillarating thing i've ever done...i guess the best comparison is skydiving...

it's about |----| this close to better than sex

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
      I've been like 3 times. Always in the infield. It's loud... :shrug:

I'd much rather goto the Rolex 24 where they run the full road course, and you can see the different classes of cars, instead of 43 basically identical cars that all run within tenths of each other. That'd be cool to actually drive, but not to watch.
      it's loud in the stands too

i remember your pics from a few years ago at the Rolex 24, good stuff.

i watched this years on TV, but there's still only a few different chassis out there, but it's fun to watch the prototypes blow by a Porsche GT3 like it was standing still

Comment

the sig picture is from last year's Rolex. I worked in the pits. That photo was taken with only a 3.2x zoom. And its been reduced substanially.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i'll be there. i'm part of the army flag detail for the national anthem. we are also doing something at the gatorade dual on the 17th. look for me, i'll be the one wearing camo :D

Comment

nOOB!

that's the Gatorade Twins, which used to be the twin 125's, but this year it' the twin 150's.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
              nOOB!

that's the Gatorade Twins, which used to be the twin 125's, but this year it' the twin 150's.

whatever you say i'm not much of a fan of nascar and other redneck racing i'm there for the army, not the races

i'm with jesse that the rolex is much better. i've gone 5 out of the past 7 years. i didn't go this year cause i was working on my truck.

Comment

Redneck racing or not, i like it.

but i guess i am infact wrong...i just saw the announcement in an email and they are now calling it the Gatorade Duel at Daytona...so you know more than you lead on... ****ing Nextel just has to change everything...bastards

Comment

Redneck racing or not, i like it.

but i guess i am infact wrong...i just saw the announcement in an email and they are now calling it the Gatorade Duel at Daytona...so you know more than you lead on... ****ing Nextel just has to change everything...bastards

lol, i don't mind it, as long as i'm in the infield with some buddies having a BBQ and drinking

i was just going off the e-mail my unit admin sent me. thursday was supposed to be rehersal for the 500, but i guess they decided to volunteer us to be driver cordons.

Comment

get me an autograph if ya can

Comment

get me an autograph if ya can

from the duel? i can probably get something. i'm gonna try to get some stuff from the 500 as well.

Comment

nah, i want your autograph

ya, whatever you can, i'm easy, ****, a keychain would be cool

Comment

i was going to try to aquire something really cool/big and put it up for a raffle on here. hopefully they'll be really generous to a man in uniform

Comment

the problem is is that not many people on here like nascar, they always come up with stupid crap like, "Oh like it is really hard to drive in a circle for a little bit" with no concept as to how hard it really is. So many will try to flame a nascar raffle., but don't worry, i will be all over it... so get something cool Brian, and maybe I will see you in Daytona...
                            2000 DX, Blue
                            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

if it makes clubprotege $30 it'll be worthwhile it all depends on what i can get.

Comment

I'll be working across the street from the track close enough for me
                                The 01 DX under construction

Comment

Working...
                                X