Walnut Ridge (AR) National Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseSays
    The new konis are nice too... We may have to go bigger on the front bar, since the struts actually work now.

And if my last run was clean, I would have outpaxed Erik by .3 although still like over a second behind Brian.
    My local friend Tim Herron (3rd in CS in an MR-Spyder) just got his bigger front bar and Kumho 710s. He is pulling the front tire way off the ground.

So, does Brian's PAX performance just further point out how clueless Rick Ruth (PAX administrator) is? DSP gets faster every year, but DSP either gets easier or stays the same. Last year was the first time it got harder, but it's still shy of what it should be. I mean, you can get M3 power levels out of an E36 DSP car, but weigh less than the stock car with much bigger tires and wheels, but the PAX last year was much easier in DSP. This year, it's only a little tougher.
    David Avard
    '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
    '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
    '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

By next year, I'm assuming Rick will have STS faster than DSP...
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

By next year, I'm assuming Rick will have STS faster than DSP...
        Well, despite the new PAX, I ran a dirty run fast enough to have won PAX at our last event...of course, many of the fastest drivers were missing (at Walnut Ridge, home, or moved to CA), and it was a cool, overcast day where getting R-tires up to optimum temp would be difficult without a co-driver. Of course, it was also the first time running the car with an actual working alignment.

I really wish I could have made the event, but my work schedule was set before the NT schedule came out.

Oh, here's a picture of the MR-Spyder doing the same thing. He apparently got the wheel much higher, just not on film (electrons?).
        David Avard

Comment

David, are you going to be able to make Peru? Or any other events prior to Topeka?

Mine doesn't pickup near as high as the Spyders, or even most of the ES guys. I still run a smaller bar, although with the new konis, we MAY have to upgrade. Jim's also getting back into school in the fall, so he may finally get up off his butt to make the composite front bar, which would be, if nothing else....neato.
          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

nice pic david.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

David, are you going to be able to make Peru? Or any other events prior to Topeka?

Mine doesn't pickup near as high as the Spyders, or even most of the ES guys. I still run a smaller bar, although with the new konis, we MAY have to upgrade. Jim's also getting back into school in the fall, so he may finally get up off his butt to make the composite front bar, which would be, if nothing else....neato.
              It's an awfully long drive...on 500F/600R springs, with no radio or AC. In a flat black car. I either need to build a light weight trailer to tow behind the Altima or get softer tires if I'm going to make out of town events. And Mid-Div has a very healthy divisional program that will eat up a lot of weekends. I may ask Doug Gill if he wants to attend/co-drive (he has a minivan and a trailer). I was thinking of asking him for if he wanted to go to St.Louis as well.

Next year, I may have weekends off, so might be able to do more events like that (the hospital is opening a joint-replacement unit that is only open Monday morning to Friday afternoon).

I'm getting too old to do those drives in that kind of car. I'm still sore two days later after 15 minutes of karting (I think it has to do with how bent my leg was).
              David Avard

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                nice pic david.
                Not mine. Just one of the local photogs. Quite a few in the division, actually.

We get some interesting cars at our events. http://www.peatpics.com/public/gallery/auto-x
                When's the last time you saw a Lancia Scorpion? Or a Buick GNX (the '70 version)?

Hopefully, here's one of the Honda. The name is written in chalk!
                David Avard

Comment

One more pic from Walnut Ridge

Was it bumpy there?

How's this for a little air?

Bet that cone looks REALLY big right about now.
                  Attached Files
                  David Avard

Comment

That's why I don't want to race F125, even though I could probably afford to.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                    X