No announcement yet.

My First Auto-X, what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rules do NOT change. The tires themselves don't know if the car is FWD or RWD.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
      Lol well yeah. 38 is alot of pressure! I assume that was cold and just went up while driving from there?!
      Eh, I run higher than that on the street every day. And with the old race tires I ran back in '04, we ran upper 50's.
      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        Eh, I run higher than that on the street every day. And with the old race tires I ran back in '04, we ran upper 50's.
        Cookie? But seriously. Different tires can use different pressure i guess to make them work well and what not. I'm going to try higher then my current 32/30 soon as summer is coming but we have ALOT of potholes and bunch of random crap all over so even now with my current pressure and suspension i can tell the suspension/car isn't liking it very much even though i try my best to avoid the ****!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

If your serious about getting the best tire pressure the way you calculate it for YOUR application is; take a lap get back to the pits check your tire temp. You need a realy thermometer. You can be non contacting laser ones, but I usually see guys using ones that you touch on the tire. You are looking for no more then about 5 degrees from edge to center. That will depend on tire construction, ambient temp, track temp, track surface material, bla bl bla bl bla... No one can say what is the fool proof best pressure. The poor mans way to do it is use a piece of dry wall, mark your sidewalls from tread to rim. you only want at most an inch of scrubbing. Thats all I feel like writing.
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Without sufficient camber, you'll never get your tire temps even remotely even.

To setup a FWD car, maximize front grip using alignment, tire size, spring rate, etc....then balance the rear to make it handle like you'd like.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
            X