• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
    15x10??? how in gods name can you fit that
    It sticks out just a hair.

Comment

gimmie gimmie, what offset are those? & whered you get those ones @ now? same place?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

holy hell. I could use some slicks like that :D
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

That was just a test rim that I had. The new rims are being made right now. The backspacing on them is 6.5", but I may need to run a very small spacer to clear the coilovers. A 6" backspacing would clear easily, but I would rather they be as close as possible to the strut and I can move them out to just barely clear if I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
            That was just a test rim that I had. The new rims are being made right now. The backspacing on them is 6.5", but I may need to run a very small spacer to clear the coilovers. A 6" backspacing would clear easily, but I would rather they be as close as possible to the strut and I can move them out to just barely clear if I have to.
            Reasoning behind this?
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
              Reasoning behind this?
              The width of the car is important in autocross. Take a Miata and a C6 Corvette through a medium paced slalom and it becomes very obvious how much harder it is to do on a wider car. I want it to be as skinny as possible. If the tire is going to be the widest part of the car, as it will be on mine, you want to minimize that width as much as possible. On a car where the tire doesn't stick out of the body lines of the car you want to maximize the track width of the car so pushing the tire out to the fender width is ideal. I won't gain anything by making the track width any wider than it already is.

Comment

how much are those rims? id like some with a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  how much are those rims? id like some with a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern

Diamond Wheels has them for around $90 a piece, but they are around 18-19 lbs. I ordered a set of Spinworks wheels for $250 a piece and they are 15.5 lbs. Both companies do custom offsets and bolt patterns for whatever you want. Basically they build them as you order them.

Comment

any updates?
                    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I mounted the ECU a few days ago and found out why I was having trouble getting the laptop to connect to it. I haven't worked on it since then as I'll be leaving for Nationals tomorrow. When I get back in a few weeks the front wheels should be here. The only thing holding up the car from running right now is the coil arrangement. I was trying to use the stock 3rd Gen wasted spark coils, but they won't fire properly. I'll probably be switching to an LS-1 COP setup when I get back into town.

Comment

New front wheels are here.

I'll have to do a little grinding on the strut for the tire to fully clear, but it's not a big deal and I'll show you guys pictures of that later in the week when I have time to do it.

Comment

lookin good!

JACK.
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
                            I'll be leaving for Nationals tomorrow
                            How'd nats go?
                            2003 Protege5
                            1990 Protege LX (sold)
                            1990 Protege DX (sold)
                            1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

Originally posted by cojsl View Post
                              How'd nats go?
                              It took me a little too long to get comfortable with the car I was driving. I hadn't driven it since Nationals last year and I hadn't been in any FWD cars on R-comps in the last year either. My first run was very conservative, but clean which was massively important. My second run I was a lot more aggressive and ran a very respectable time, but got a cone turning in too early on one of the faster sections. By the third run I felt like I could push it, but being my last run of day 1 I needed it to be clean. It was still a good run, but I had to be conservative to make sure I didn't cone it. I pushed a bit too hard coming out of a tighter section which sent me a little wide and cost me a few tenths...then I lost a few more tenths pushing hard in the last sweeper and running just a hair wide. Day 2 started out with a big spin and DNF in the beginning of the course. Run #2 was very good, but with 1 cone. I thought about throwing caution to the wind on my 3rd run and go for it, but my co-driver was 1/10 out of trophies and I wanted to bring the car in to him with good consistent tires. I backed off where I needed to to get a clean run and settled for 14th. Jason pushed extremely hard on his last run, but remained one spot out of the trophies in the end. The rest of the FSP field got faster since last year and we stayed about the same on car setup so we were content with the outcome. Our car was the only 4 door car in FSP, still had stock seats and seat belts, and the only FSP car driven to Nationals (9 hours from Texas).

Last edited by XelderX; 09-23-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

i want those wheels in 5x 114.3 badly!!!! i did a search for spinworks wheels but came up empty handed. help?

Comment

Working...
                                X