Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
    well i'll just buy some foot wide slicks then

The Protege5 will have 275/35-15 Hoosiers on it in a few months. They are just over 11 inches wide.

Comment

Does anyone here know if any of the cosmetic changes fro 91-94 made one year's chassis lighter than all the others?

Comment

I'll be picking up my "new" BG chassis this week. I found a local 94 LX with no sunroof and a manual transmission. The previous owner had a custom turbo setup on it, but he finally blew it up.

Comment

oh man subbin for this!!! can't wait to see what you do to it!! lots and lots of pictures!!!
          Originally posted by 90prtege
          have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
          Originally posted by Turpro
          Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
          CRZbrussian: that sux
          CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
          CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

lots of lx's came with no sunroof. for example, Jho's car.
            And mine. Sadly. Snf.
            Once upon a time, I had a 1993 Protege LX with about 34,000 miles -- owned by my family since new, got it from my dad two years prior with about 18,000 (and two of the original tires) -- then I gifted it to a friend who needed a car. Now it has come back to me with 55,000 and a smoke-laden interior (plus lots of little broken things), so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
              I'll be picking up my "new" BG chassis this week. I found a local 94 LX with no sunroof and a manual transmission. The previous owner had a custom turbo setup on it, but he finally blew it up.
              blew the engine or the turbo?

Good find. Congrats dood.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323 View Post
                blew the engine or the turbo?

Good find. Congrats dood.
                Melted a piston. Cylinder wall is a little scored, but the motor was stock bore. The second overbore might clean it up. I'll be picking up the car later this week. I'll be taking lots of pictures.

Comment

The car is finally in my driveway. I've got to finish up putting a water pump in a friends Civic before I can really jump into this project. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to pull the motor.

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

congrats dood.

Take lots of pics when the engine comes out.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yeah, do that... this is gonna be a very informative thread!

Comment

Here is a quick video of my Pro5 before I retired it. The BG will be even better than this...

Comment

Originally posted by davejay View Post
                          And mine. Sadly. Snf.
                          x3

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
                          Here is a quick video of my Pro5 before I retired it. The BG will be even better than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD3ufHwOexI
                          Damn I wish I had th emoney and time to race mine. Looking good. Didnt think they were that nimble. I luv the poppin of the limiter when it goes off in the distance.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

revlimiter bouncing= not so hot, track looks like fun tho.
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                              revlimiter bouncing= not so hot, track looks like fun tho.
                              Wasn't worth shifting. Had to get on the brakes right after that.

Comment

gotcha
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X