FSP 1st Gen Protege Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ot81to View Post

Do your ITA plans mean you won't be autocrossing, or will you just be playing in another class?
    I'm really getting interested in a 4-stroke shifter kart.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
      I'm really getting interested in a 4-stroke shifter kart.
      Sounds fun! I have an old Honda XL250 that's seen better days. The motor is still strong though. So I've been thinking I should scrap the bike and put the motor in a kart. It's funny how 2-strokes dominated EVERYTHING 10 years ago, (MX bikes, quads, etc.,) but now you rarely see a two-stroke at an MX event.
      Justin T. ~ SCCA FSP 1994 Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by ot81to View Post
        It's funny how 2-strokes dominated EVERYTHING 10 years ago, (MX bikes, quads, etc.,) but now you rarely see a two-stroke at an MX event.

Torque.

Comment

Well if you guys can't have fun in FSP anymore, you can come join me in SMF.. I am looking forward to seeing how you car does this year... I know a friend of mine with Focus in FSP up here is a little disappointed in some of the changes they are making,,

Comment

Finally got the car out of the garage and out to an event last weekend. Went up 100lbs in spring rate at all four corners so I wasn't sure what to expect. Finished 2nd in Pro class out of 32...only .045 seconds from 1st place. That was last years B Stock National Champion. Car feels amazing, I didn't think turn-in could get much sharper. I would probably try to go up again on spring rate, but I'm starting to get to the edge of what the Koni race inserts will handle without revalving. My co-driver didn't make it so no video. Should have some in two weeks though. We are running the Evo Shootout at Zmax...it is pretty cool. Think National tour course with ProSolo style qualifying and single elimination brackets.

Comment

whats your current spring rates??
              any idea where i could look to have my front springs tested for whatever rate they might be??
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                whats your current spring rates??
                any idea where i could look to have my front springs tested for whatever rate they might be??

I'm currently running 700lbs on the front and 550lbs on the rear. What brand springs do you have? Here is the simplest method for calculating spring rate, but it still requires some special equipment. If you have a scale and a shop press you should be able to get close. http://bfsae.wikispaces.com/How+to+Test+Spring+Rates

Comment

Really cool picture from last weekend...

The first Evo Shootout is being held on this lot in 2 weeks (Apr. 21-22) and it will be streamed live on the internet. Possibly some live streaming video as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

very neat picture!!
                    my front springs are Ebay XXX#rating rears are eibach 250#
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Nice photo! I would LOVE to have venues like that around here.

Comment

Another cool photo. My girlfriend, Nikki, getting ready to run.

and....hydro-cross.

Comment

Love the hydro cross photo... Reminds me a lot of what our slush series looks like up here...

Gotta love having a gf who enjoys coming out to drive with out.. Makes spending money on the car a little easier... I just have to teach my gf to stop running the car so deep into the corner before braking and turning... She's going to give me a heart attack one of these days..

Comment

how functional is the front lower spoiler & does it aid in cooling effciency

Comment

judging by its shape its ment to keep air out from under the car.
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Cooling differences are negligible since we spend so little time with the car running. It does take a lot of air out from under the car. We just switched to different front wheels due to the brakes overheating. The old wheels had very little void in the spokes. With the front splitter on the brakes were not getting enough air to keep them cool. You could boil water off the hubs and the rims were too hot to touch. With the new rims everything stays much cooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X