No announcement yet.

Prescott Rally report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i'm in the process of upgrading the 1.6 (read: attempting to destroy my transmission) because i want to prove that it's a potent engine and can be competetive in the rally-x circuit in the open class. from what I understand the Chris Baldini is in the process of converting his pgt Gtx into an open class BPT powered one and run it against jay.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

There have been one or two down here in the SW. Doug Robinson had one, and I think Pete Lamh, but Pete never raced his, that I know of.

-Jon

Comment

A BPT swap GTX is still fairly potent. Everyone says O noez short wheelbase and I say yeah dats right!

But I'll stick with the protege
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Yeah. I really like the short wheelbase. Only if I could make it less broken all the time.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Short wheel base is the problem. Jay, you are better off with the Protege for sure, too many fast roads up your way. Short wheel base makes for a twitchy car on dirt at high speeds.

-Jon R.
            Last edited by jrally; 10-10-2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrally View Post
              Short wheel base is the problem. Jay, you are better off with the Protege for sure, too many fast roads up your way. Short wheel base makes for a twitchy car no dirt at high speeds.

-Jon R.
              Where's the fun in a smooth ride?

Comment

Working...
              X