No announcement yet.

Ice Racing yesterday!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah like seriously, hope everybody was all right.

Nick
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing he crashed the tow vehicle---maybe related to the trailer tire blow out??? Sorry Paul---your luck will improve, it has to!! Let me know if I can help with anything.
      sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

Originally posted by JPmotorsports View Post
        Do you guys disconnect the swaybars and run softer springs??? I did a few lapping days with Tanner Foust in Colorado in an old Group B car---couldn't believe the grip and had the time of my life!!! I've got to get back out there...My friend Jim Cox from Minnesota is starting to get into it---he has an S10 truck with a V8 and AWD from an Olds Bravada---should do well on the ice...
        I can't remember exactly, but I don't think there's a lot of S10's rallying.. Is it a red one? At least I remember seeing a red one at LSPR..

I've got my swaybars disconnected, just running the OEM springs on the (blown, apparently) stock struts. Running snow tires, it definitely helps. with studs, not as much, but still helpful.

Originally posted by "ajax
        DAMMIT! I had an inkling Jim Cox stole my idea.

Hey, do any of you guys know Dave Parps? He was my co-driver at Sno*Drift this year, told me I should ice race to practice before Sno*Drift next time. Ironically, I'm wearing my Hakkapeliitta hat right now...

Paul
        Yeah, I know Dave! I've been to a few of the WAG RallyXes that he puts on, and he even had my Volvo on their webpage for a bit. I might actually see him in a couple of weeks, at his day/night Ice Time Trial event at Eagle River.

I feel bad about that wreck, I hope everything's turning out ok!

On a happier note, here are a couple photos from yesterday's Ice Antics...

Damn turbo cars. A buddy of mine did the bolted tire trick after seeing me kick butt.

We even had a BroncoII on all-seasons playing!

I ended up with 8th place in class, but that was only three cars worth: one triple-driver wrx, one two-driver wrx and a two-driver evo. those were the only other guys faster than me, other than a Jetta on VelcroTires™. I serioulsy think that once I get my BP'd 4WD running properly again, I might even creep up on those guys. For fun-runs, I jumped in behind the FTD guy, and was able to keep up with him everywhere but the LONG sweepers and straights. big power FTW!!

Yesterday's Results

--sarge
        Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Yep he's in the red truck---that's his home rally I believe. He put's on some fun rallycrosses as well up in MN---I cant remember if he was building another car for ice racing or not...
          sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

bolted tire trick??? is that what it sounds like? bolts thru the tire??? any close up pics? what size bolts?

Comment

Yep, rolled the service truck about an hour from rally HQ. I had been on the road for almost 24 hours and It happened in the last stretch.

The trailer blow out was separate from the truck roll over. I was on I-75 and we went in the ditch rolling over. The crazy thing that happened was the trailer, which had the rally car on it, popped off the hitch. Then the rally car broke all of the straps holding it down and landed softly in the snow with only minor damage to the rear bumper.

Hopefully I'm set on my end from the truck standpoint. I didn't have collision on the truck, only medical and liability so my trip to the hospital was covered but the damage to the truck is not. I believe I have a buyer for the truck carcass and I'm going to call him this evening and try to square away the deal. With any luck, I'll only be out $1k on the truck and my credit score will go up from paying off a 3 year loan in 5 months. Thanks for the offer to help, the more I rally, the more I realize how great a community this form of racing is.

Paul

P.S. sorry to threadjack.
              Loose nut behind the wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by b6t power View Post
                bolted tire trick??? is that what it sounds like? bolts thru the tire??? any close up pics? what size bolts?
                This Post

--sarge

Comment

Cool, I never would have thought you'd get weight transfer on ice...

Suddenly my Hakkas seem inadequate for the conditions of snodrift this year.
                  Loose nut behind the wheel...

Comment

You could get these Black Rocket rally tires imported from Finland..

Finnish Site

--sarge

Comment

Someone put together a (long) youtube video from the event 2/21/2010.

I'm actually in it, around 3:42 or so!

What We Do On Sundays

--sarge

Comment

Working...
                      X