No announcement yet.

How many actually race their Pro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been auto-xing for 11 years. I just moved my 2002 DX into STS this year from H-Stock, where I did very well for 2 years until SCCA allowed "Air-conditioned Go Karts" I.E. the Mini to stink up the entire class. On a national level I wont be competitive with this car, but locally I do alright. The chassis is terrific, the wheelspin is a problem. I hate having to use non R compound tires. The Falken Azenis may be great for the street, but it's no race tire. They're good for about 1/2 a lap and then they heat up and it's Grease City for the rest of the day. That's my two cents worth.
    2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
    I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

true, when the Azenis heat up they like to slide, but they beat any other street tire out there in both price and performance. Hit up home depot and add a water sprayer to your track side box (if you don't already have one) But don't just spray em down, spray em and then wipe the tread with your hands (yes you get massively dirty) but the water penetrates much better. Then get in the longest line at pre-grid

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
        true, when the Azenis heat up they like to slide, but they beat any other street tire out there in both price and performance. Hit up home depot and add a water sprayer to your track side box (if you don't already have one) But don't just spray em down, spray em and then wipe the tread with your hands (yes you get massively dirty) but the water penetrates much better. Then get in the longest line at pre-grid
        Yeah, already doing the water bottle dealie, but didn;t know about the hand wiping, but it sounds logical, I'll try it out this sunday at our 2nd event this year. I'm just spoiled by the R compounds I used in HS last year. I did springs and planned on a bigger rear bar(AWR 19mm) but had problems with fit, got those fixed, then promptly snapped the stock endlink, so now the car is pushing mostly. I'm gonna wait till I get better endlinks before I put the AWR bar back on again. Right now, with the springs and Falkens I'm not going any faster than I was in HS, based on who I'm beating (and not beating!) versus last year. Thanx for the water penetration tip
        2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
        I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by HstockDXer
          Yeah, already doing the water bottle dealie, but didn;t know about the hand wiping, but it sounds logical, I'll try it out this sunday at our 2nd event this year. I'm just spoiled by the R compounds I used in HS last year. I did springs and planned on a bigger rear bar(AWR 19mm) but had problems with fit, got those fixed, then promptly snapped the stock endlink, so now the car is pushing mostly. I'm gonna wait till I get better endlinks before I put the AWR bar back on again. Right now, with the springs and Falkens I'm not going any faster than I was in HS, based on who I'm beating (and not beating!) versus last year. Thanx for the water penetration tip
          Well, you'll have to now make up the 2 secs you lost on R's, with suspension in STS.... oh and a little, driver adjustment

If you head down to LA anytime, be sure to come by the SCNAX pit and say hi, better yet, join up! Our club is putting on this coming weekends events and it'll be the forst time i test the racing coilovers...good thing Saturday is a practice

Comment

Working...
          X