No announcement yet.

some track time finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah dood your crazy to run 15psi with no intercooler, your gonna smoke your engine, but its your car, and your money, so do it up.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

1ofd323 the swap will probably be more that my set up because i have to pay to take mine out and put the new one, thats at least (with the motor) 600 to 800 dollars. and not only that is not the same been beat by dohc turbo 5 speed that been beat by sohc automatic turbo, with my sohc .i built my own fuel computer and ran the car about a week ago
      and ran 14.1 automatic is difficult for a dohc to run that without some kind of tricks on the motor.
      1st sohc auto
      2nd sohc turbo auto
      3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
      4th dohc swap turbo
      5th KLDE
      6th 1994 323

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
        yeah dood your crazy to run 15psi with no intercooler, your gonna smoke your engine, but its your car, and your money, so do it up.
        i never said that i am running 15 psi what im actually runnig is 11psi
        1st sohc auto
        2nd sohc turbo auto
        3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
        4th dohc swap turbo
        5th KLDE
        6th 1994 323

Comment

14.1??? did i read that right? I hit 14.1? I know there's this guy with a red 323 w/ bp/turbo in it and running 14.2 w/ 5 speed tranny. How the heck did u hit 14.1? Are we talking about quarter mile here?

Comment

do i have to remind you the video running around from puerto rico
            with a sohc runnig in th lows 12 an the car is now bpt but back then was sohc

is not because i have a sohc automatic means the car is ****

another thing is that you dont need bpt or whatever to run low times if you know what you doing.then again i dont need to spend 1000 or 2000 to impress people with "i have a japanese engine"i can tell you right now i could be faster than that .

SOHC forever
            1st sohc auto
            2nd sohc turbo auto
            3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
            4th dohc swap turbo
            5th KLDE
            6th 1994 323

Comment

I like sohc, but sohc vtec tho...b6 sohc mazda. Well, if it good for you then its good for you. I just wasn't expecting it to hit low 14's on an automatic sedan. I know everyone can make a car run faster, Even a Geo metro can be fast. As lons as you have the money everything is all good. I just can't believe the motor that i gave away can hit low 14's with just turbo.
              That's all...

Comment

Originally posted by sohc 1.8t
                i never said that i am running 15 psi what im actually runnig is 11psi
                oh ok, then you are crazy to run 11 psi with a non intercooled setup.
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Wow someone thats actually running the vaf after the turbo, hows that working out. I was highly considering it, but I figure 20psi on my t3/4 would blow that thing apart. Yours is holding up to 12 psi fine?
                  James G.
                  sobe83@yahoo.com
                  AIM: DVS 323BPT
                  MySpace
                  Cardomain
                  <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
                    Wow someone thats actually running the vaf after the turbo, hows that working out. I was highly considering it, but I figure 20psi on my t3/4 would blow that thing apart. Yours is holding up to 12 psi fine?
                    LOL..20PSI is not a lot of pressure by pressure standards. It creates much cylinder pressure yes, but a car tire is filled to 30PSI. Air compressors for air tools run 150PSI+. High pressure washer pumps run 700PSI, and they don't blow apart.

Remember, atmospheric pressure is 14.5psi, so 20 isn't much more.

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
                      i don't know 20 psi but so far so good anyways is coming out because i building a home made air/ fuel computer.
                      1st sohc auto
                      2nd sohc turbo auto
                      3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
                      4th dohc swap turbo
                      5th KLDE
                      6th 1994 323

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                        LOL..20PSI is not a lot of pressure by pressure standards. It creates much cylinder pressure yes, but a car tire is filled to 30PSI. Air compressors for air tools run 150PSI+. High pressure washer pumps run 700PSI, and they don't blow apart.

yeah in n/a form it's already at 14.5psi(1 bar). when you add boost, lets say 1 bar, then the car is actually running 2 bar of "boost". but it isn't measured that way. 2 bar of "boost" is actually read as 1 bar of boost.

and why are you comparing psi of other items that aren't mechanically the same. comparing psi/boost on an engine to a tire, high pressure pump, air tools, etc...?

i guess pressure is relative to what it is being applied to.
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Mmmmk, why didnt you put the BOV on the other side of the VAF? Wouldnt you rather blow off unregistered air?
                          James G.
                          sobe83@yahoo.com
                          AIM: DVS 323BPT
                          MySpace
                          Cardomain
                          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
                            yeah in n/a form it's already at 14.5psi(1 bar). when you add boost, lets say 1 bar, then the car is actually running 2 bar of "boost". but it isn't measured that way. 2 bar of "boost" is actually read as 1 bar of boost.

and why are you comparing psi of other items that aren't mechanically the same. comparing psi/boost on an engine to a tire, high pressure pump, air tools, etc...?

i guess pressure is relative to what it is being applied to.

My point was that 20psi isn't enough to blow anything apart....

Comment

after turbo VAM's and Maf's are more tunable its just a matter of having them hold together. the VAM's are a gate and will not hold together like a MAF will cause a MAF is (basically) just a little sensor in the side of a pipe. i have seen sohc8 vavle jetta's run 11's so the sohc world is not always slow its just a matter of time and money. a 15.8 is not the best you could see tho even with an automatic tranny. it is still about 2.5-3.5 seconds faster then stock so i see no reason to complain in that aspect. so i say..... get a nice FMIC and let the tuning begin. after you blow the head up just swap heads out to the dohc. no need to swap bottomends unless your going build crazy like some of us.

NEUMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT

the airflow meter's door is held closed by only a small spring. And it wouldn't be the pressure, but the heat that i'd be worried about in that situation.

being that it's sprung, i wouldn't mount it sideways either, but whatever.
                                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                                X