No announcement yet.

Bronzeoil shifter bushings (1st gen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any word non these yet? id like to order a set if possible???
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
      any word non these yet? id like to order a set if possible???
      FINALLY, my friend did the 1st gen kartboys .. I will get them tomorrow and try 'em for a week. Then I'll start the official group buy.

Thanks for your patience!

Comment

dude im all over that.... let me know when you've tested it.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          dude im all over that.... let me know when you've tested it.
          w00t..... sounds good...
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

And I want a complete kit for the stock shifter.

Comment

I'll take a complete set also for my stock shifter...let me know! Peace
              1992 Protege DX - 5 spd (bought new in '92)
              1999 Tahoe LT - 2wd<---got IVANized now we have a 1999 Suburban LT
              2005 Keystone Outback 21' TT
              2007 Volvo S40
              ~~~Hawaiian Style~~~

cardomain.com/memberpage/621985
              cardomain.com/memberpage/643906
              weedlesswillie.com

Comment

UPDATE!

Installed the first prototype tonight and as I expected they work great. I'm talking about the bigger bushings on the stabilizer bar of the shift assy. Also know as the Kartboys for 3rd gen owners (but I'm the only one making 'em for 1st and 2nd gens).

I already had the 4 little bushings (also known as the bronzoils, only they are my version made of nyloil) and the 2 other I installed resulted in an even better shift feeling... the shifts are now smoother, the gears go in easily. I can engage 1st without having to stop the car from moving.. although I could already do that, just not as easily.

So the whole kit, 4 little bushings (base of shifter and tranny side) and the 2 big bushings (tranny, stabilizer rod) are really great as a whole kit.

Theres only 1 dimension to be adjusted for easy of installation and mass production will begin.

P.S. : I'm not taking any orders right now guys... please wait for the official group buy... should start in a week or so... I will make multiple small group buys. This will help me with the production.

Comment

Sounds great. Can I reserve my spot in the first small group buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                    Ditto.

Congrats on the install dood.

Comment

There will be enough space don't worry.

Comment

any word???
                        i want one
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

TEASER!

Pic shows more bushings than there really is, plus old stock bushings, my kit consist of 2 big bushings and 4 little bushings.

Guys, I just need confirmation that my machinist can do the bushings soon and i'm starting the official group buy. 10 spots only for the first group buy... if more interest shows, I'll start another one, maybe bigger, right after the first one.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Okay, so I'm gonna need a set ASAP. How do I make sure I get a spot on the first GB?

Comment

Okay, so I'm gonna need a set ASAP. How do I make sure I get a spot on the first GB?
                              :suckie:

j/k..... I want in the GB as well though
                              Last edited by D323; 06-09-2005, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I'm getting confirmation tomorrow! (Friday)

Comment

Working...
                                X