Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCorkle
    Any issues with the K&N typhoon that I should know about? I am going to order one when my turbo kit sells in the upcoming week.
    No. For those of us who are not mechaniclly inclined, the instructions are like there is someone from K&N there helping you. Picture by picture instructions like none I have never seen. It won't be like the turbo of course but if you drive one with the 2.0 with the stock intake, it makes a hugh diff. It was well worth the money.
    Stuff for sale PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
      wow, he actually came back after being pwned
      English major,
      Yeah, it happens. By the way, is pwned proper and if so what style is that? HA HA

Comment

Originally posted by dwpeek
        English major,
        Yeah, it happens. By the way, is pwned proper and if so what style is that? HA HA
        it's generally called l33t, pronounced "leet" as in elite. the origins of the colloquialism are in the game warcraft, one of the developers wanted the map to say "user blahblahblah has been owned" but mistakenly typed "pwned"

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
          it's generally called l33t, pronounced "leet" as in elite. the origins of the colloquialism are in the game warcraft, one of the developers wanted the map to say "user blahblahblah has been owned" but mistakenly typed "pwned"
          See, you all will always need to explain stuff like that to me, after all this is my first forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
            Yeah, the new motor is going in this weekend. Should be done by Sunday afternoon at the latest. If all goes well the turbo kit will be sold on Monday, if not hopefully no later then next Friday. I've already got the Corksport Power Series catback on the way, tracking # says it will be in my hands by Monday. Once the kit sells I am going to order the K&N Typhoon CAI, and still trying to decide on what brand of header I want.

I'm just looking forward to having a car that I don't have to worry about all the time. Besides, I may not be far from selling this car, and it is extremely hard to sell a car with a turbo kit on it.
            I've never seen anyone else but OBX make a header for the 2.0. Now as for the 1.8, I'm not sure. If you know of any others, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by dwpeek
              I've never seen anyone else but OBX make a header for the 2.0. Now as for the 1.8, I'm not sure. If you know of any others, please let me know.
              AWR (Anthony Woodford Racing): www.awrracing.com

Wagner Motorsports (shorty header that maintains 1st cat)

Happy Motoring!
              Last edited by goldstar; 06-08-2005, 09:32 AM.
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                AWR (Anthony Woodford Racing): www.awrracing.com

Wagner Motorsports (shorty header that maintains 1st cat)

Happy Motoring!
                Thanks for the info. Enlightened I am.

Comment

Just shopped those sights. The first, my asshole puckered just looking at the prices, the second was fairly reasonable. Just an opinion, I think OBX is the best buy still.

Comment

Working...
                  X