Apexi N1 Mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the asian geoff
    Had anyone who actually owns this muffler commented on this post?
    I have owned one, do you own one?

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
      I'd be careful with that setup. The midpipe is going to cause a lot of droning at highway speeds. Atleast this is the case with the 2.0 people, many complain about the excessive sound.
      My dad owns a built corvette with straightpipes, no cats, no resonators, no nothing, i think i can handle a protege
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
      Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
        My dad owns a built corvette with straightpipes, no cats, no resonators, no nothing, i think i can handle a protege
        It is one thing to own a fast loud car, it is another thing to own a slow loud car.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
          It is one thing to own a fast loud car, it is another thing to own a slow loud car.
          I guess, but i listened to negatize soundclips with basically the same setup as stated above, and his didnt seem extremely loud.. sounded pretty nice actually
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Comment

http://www.knology.net/~negatize/ima...ndom%20030.avi

??
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Comment

My bad, I didn't see where you said high flow cat. I thought you were going to run this setup catless. Because remember Negatize still has that very restrictive second cat to reduce sound a bit.

Comment

Yeah im goin with 1 highflow and thats it... no 2 cat BS

Also if youve seen my posts in the audio section, im gonna be getting 2 12 inch JL Subs for the trunk... my system shall drown out any noise if it starts to bug me
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Comment

I still have my second cat on now and when I recorded that clip. BUT

I ran just the axle back portion of the Racing Beat (for a day only) on the stock 1.6 piping (which is all one piece) from my OBX header straight back with no cat all the way to the muffler and it was not loud at all. My reasoning is that the MAM midpipe won't add much to the sound. Could be wrong.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Does it all connect and fit properly? Like the OBX fitting fine with the MAM and the MAM fitting fine with a RB Catback? or are the piping different sizes
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

Ideally ide want a fully bolton header to muffler setup with those 3 things without too much hassle.. but whats teh chance of that, hah
                      Joe H
                      2000 Chevy Impala
                      3400 3.4 Liter V6
                      Fun Times

Comment

i plan on getting my exhaust done, 2 inch pipe from the cat (removing cat and running straight pipe) and some sort of muffler to get a better sound... my budget is down to 240 tho... so that kind of sucks, think I can pull that off installed at an exhaust shop?

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcastninja
                          i plan on getting my exhaust done, 2 inch pipe from the cat (removing cat and running straight pipe) and some sort of muffler to get a better sound... my budget is down to 240 tho... so that kind of sucks, think I can pull that off installed at an exhaust shop?
                          no

Comment

well If I can find a decent priced muffler online, for about 250 im sure i could have someone run a straight pipe from the cat, right?

Comment

You just said your budget was 240, is it or isn't it? Finding a muffler that isn't going to sound like a coffee can full of bees is the real challenge.

Comment

yea this is true... i want something with a deep rich sound, but I don't want a ricer sound, just something deeper than it is now...

well I am getting 240 in a few days from selling my psp

so

if I can find a muffler for like 50 bucks, some cheapo one

I will have $200 I can then wait a week or two until I get paid and put 50 to that so i'll have 250 to spend on the piping for the exhaust. does that sound do-able or am I too low?

Comment

Working...
                                X