No announcement yet.

The Seafoam Debate, State your Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i had my explorer i had an idle problem. one can in the tank and problem fixed!
    sigpic

Comment

its a very good product. i will recommend it to any one.
      GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
      AND
      THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

This has been Hashed out over on FEOA!!

http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name...hlight=seafoam

I haven't done it myself YET... but my dad has done it to every car he has owned and he loves the stuff... have friends that like using it too and never really heard about any negitive affects...

I can believe that it's at least worth a try if anything!!

Comment

i've never had an issue with it when used properly (never used in improperly either lol).

I use a straw to suck up 1/3 - 1/2 of the can to create a small constant flow rather then just sticking the brake booster line right in (could promote engine locking).

JACK.
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Worked great on my elantra.

Comment

ok quick question.. as i recall it helps remove most of the carbon from the engine... but would this hurt the Catalytic converter??
              My Toys =D

Comment

I used seafoam once on my old aspire and it killed my oil pump with all of the crud that it broke free, and then my engine had horrible lifter noise and I could not find a new oil pump so I had to change the whole engine. I sucked it up into the intake, but some how it got into my oil???
                2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                  I used seafoam once on my old aspire and it killed my oil pump with all of the crud that it broke free, and then my engine had horrible lifter noise and I could not find a new oil pump so I had to change the whole engine. I sucked it up into the intake, but some how it got into my oil???
                  How exactly can you not find an oil pump for a cheap domestic car?
                  Last edited by Kitty; 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM. Reason: edited to exclude imported cars and what not. Can't go to autozone to get parts for an old jag and what not.Long edit is long
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                  kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                  Originally posted by HopelessCow
                  there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                  Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Cause it's a mazda, noob...

Comment

Aspire = Mazda? =[

Comment

I used it on my 88 GT before Replacing the Turbo (Blown Turbo to begin with) and after running it through, It helped me find a nasty little exhuast leak at the Manifold befor the turbo. Right at the O2 Sensor, Like normal. So I replaced that when I rebuilt the turbo. Runs better, Pulls harder, will do it again here shortly.
                        Mazda
                        1988 Black 323 GT
                        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

They make seafoam in an spray can now for the intake portion of the cleaning. Haven't done it yet but it seems like that would solve the engine lock problem.
                          '88 GTX

Comment

from what i understand it's not a good idea to use seafoam on high milage motors.. i was told that by a reputable mechanic when i thought of doing it myself .. over 400,000km

Comment

What are you talking about?

"I used seafoam once on my old aspire and it killed my oil pump with all of the crud that it broke free, and then my engine had horrible lifter noise and I could not find a new oil pump so I had to change the whole engine. I sucked it up into the intake, but some how it got into my oil??? "

Nerd Racing...

You are telling me that if you were able to find a new oil pump, You were going to install it and leave the rest of the engine like it is after the oil pump gears blew up?
                              Last edited by psiturbo; 09-04-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

i rem i used it on my 1.9 tracer and after some time my motor had prob. my mechanic took it apart and out of no where asked me if i had put anythin in the oil or gas tank.... ops! iirc i had put a 1/3 of the can in the oil and let it run till normal running temp and changed the oil. so im not sure if the seafoam caused it or not. but i would use it with caution!!!!!
                                Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                                99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                                01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Working...
                                X