No announcement yet.

My HID kit from EBAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is how mine came just got them today h1 kit for the new mx3 projectors just need to get a ballast to 9004 connector

Comment

Use the adaptor that came with your projectors.

Comment

i will see what i have to do when i get my projectors on monday

Comment

Update:

Ok so last night on the way home I got next to a cadilac and both our lights were the same color on the road. So I guess since I don't have projectors they might appear more blue than I thought when looking directly at them. When I went past him I looked back and at a certain angle they looked like the same shade of blue as mine. So yea...I guess I'm not going to swap them out.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

nice to know mine might be brighter with the projectors but i wont know for a few more weeks when it stars to warm up

Comment

I came across this post and placed a bid on some
              post some pictures when I install them.

Comment

Got my set today 6000k. I like them, there white.

HID one side stock bulb other

Comment

they look good. they must be really bright because of your headlights
                  323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

o.k. im not up on all the info on the different pro headlights and hids either so.

would the jdm headlight be better than a usdm headlight with a hid?

i assume the edm headlight is the best cause its glass right?

so if i bought a cheaper ebay kit how would they be on a the usdm headlights,
                    anyone have pics of them on usdm headlights or reviews?

also iirc running the hid in regular headlights had a bad effect on other drivers,
                    whats the deal with that?
                    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
                      o.k. im not up on all the info on the different pro headlights and hids either so.

would the jdm headlight be better than a usdm headlight with a hid?

i assume the edm headlight is the best cause its glass right?

so if i bought a cheaper ebay kit how would they be on a the usdm headlights,
                      anyone have pics of them on usdm headlights or reviews?

also iirc running the hid in regular headlights had a bad effect on other drivers,
                      whats the deal with that?

the reflective housing in our headlights is not designed for the light output of HIDs. The beam tends to glare and scatter, which can blind oncoming traffic. that would be exacerbated with jdm housings because they are designed with a bias to the left already. the glare and scatter is worsened by the plastic lenses being foggy and pitted so your best results would be with the edm glass and carefull alignment after installing
                      Last edited by MazdaNoob; 02-20-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

so the HID's work well with the EDM's then?

Comment

They work ok with mine. Drove behind the wife friday night and she said they aren't blinding. Hids are meant to be in a projector though.
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                            They work ok with mine. Drove behind the wife friday night and she said they aren't blinding. Hids are meant to be in a projector though.
                            thats pretty good, atleast you're not blinding oncoming traffic!

Comment

If you put HID's in a headlamp that isn't specifically designed for them, you'll get your face ripped off by a chimp.
                              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                                If you put HID's in a headlamp that isn't specifically designed for them, you'll get your face ripped off by a chimp.
                                That might help some pl . Must be your new slogan eh? Lol
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X