lancer and prelude go bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check your pm's
    you have to resize them and then save them under a different name.

pics for a sig , really shouldn't be any bigger than 320 or so... or just send them to me and I can resize them or make a sig for ya
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by charles
      Yes, carbon deposits are caused by using too high of an octane gasoline which doesn't combust completely
      wouldn't a higher octane gas combust just as well if not better than any other octane? And the presence of the additives reduces carbon deposition by up to 50%.
      I would say if you've got a ****load of carbons caked on your piston head it's from an unbalanced air:fuel ratio, bad o2 censors or an oil leak somewhere in the chamber. The gasoline ITSELF on the other hand wouldnt cause the car to run rich, which would in turn cause carbon deposits. it's the fuel delivery. not the fuel.

'93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
        premium fuel is more refined and carries more detergents, keeping the injectors clean.
        And its to avoid knocking since the car is older with carbon deposits. It might be unnecessary but I just wanna stay on the safe side. higher octane burns slower anyway.
        I thought that it burned off quicker since it is a higher ratio of octane.
        Ideally, dont you want a fuel that burns off quickly in the chamber, leaving no excess to build up carbon deposits?

Just some thoughts....
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X