RSX type-S: Beaten.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
    Well I admit, once he hit his top end he was gaining power. That is the only reason why he kept up...hahaha... But he did have a better take off.
    from the sound of it, you went planning on racing when he punched it so he had an advantage...i might as well be counting the seconds till my bpt arives! i am auctually loosing sleep cuz im so excited about it!
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

I call BS or the idiot in the type-s couldnt drive. either way far fetched.
      Last edited by brokenAssMazda; 10-24-2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenAssMazda View Post
        then obivously you don't know the power of the BPT. Matt is running in the mid 14s with his BPT with LSD. RSX type S are fast, but I've seen that car go, it's freaking quick.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
          then obivously you don't know the power of the BPT. Matt is running in the mid 14s with his BPT with LSD. RSX type S are fast, but I've seen that car go, it's freaking quick.
          exactly.... RSX type-S only run mid 15's stock.... porky little bitches IMO.

While being turbo and hitting mid 14's isnt anything to boast about since the NA guys do the same 1/4 mile time....

Originally posted by brokenassmazda
          All in all this was a 3+ year old thread and you dug it up to post your retarded little opinion.

+1 for j00.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Hahaha...........................

Comment

Lol
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

lol, seeing I have beaten 3 type-s RSX's in the last month I don't think they are anything special, and if you don't think I am fast you can come up to wa and race me....

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS View Post
                  lol, seeing I have beaten 3 type-s RSX's in the last month I don't think they are anything special, and if you don't think I am fast you can come up to wa and race me....
                  vid that plz
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

is matt still only in the mid 14s?

i just dont understand that.. i had a fairly stock setup at 9-11psi (no boost control but it creeped up due to the exhaust and would settle back down to about 9) i had a fmic, 3" exhaust, hks bov, i ran a 14.25 on crap of all crap all season tires with an open diff.

i hope those are old numbers!
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

also i dont want to start a war about boosted vs. NA but for 2500 dollars you can be safely running mid 14s on FULL interior, power steering with the AC blasting... or you can spend EASILY 2500 dollars to get your motor the power (but ill say just 2500 for sake of argument) and have to run premium gas just like a turbo, but have NO interior, NO stereo, NO powersteering, NO A/C. yes the bp gets people into the 14s but it wont in n/a form without a bunch of money get a comefortable daily driver down the track that fast...

with my turbo i regularly saw 31-33 mpg on road trips (3 or 4 times) (100 miles to and from the beach and driving up and down the coast when we get there)

and i saw about 26 mpg EVERY refill of my tank... id like to see an N/A motor pull those numbers and considering they are sucking down the same 3.00 a gallon gas but all the time not just when your into it... I personally choose boost. reguardless of only being able to go mid 14 when na bps run that fast or not (even though i wasnt at mid 14 forever)...

in my eye boost is more cost effective... in the long run with gas, and in the initial build of the setup. I could be wrong but with the way my setup turned out i dont thing i would ever run an na street/strip vehicle even if i was running low 15s with the boost.

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
                        is matt still only in the mid 14s?

i just dont understand that.. i had a fairly stock setup at 9-11psi (no boost control but it creeped up due to the exhaust and would settle back down to about 9) i had a fmic, 3" exhaust, hks bov, i ran a 14.25 on crap of all crap all season tires with an open diff.

i hope those are old numbers!
                        Well it is an old thread.

Comment

thus the reason for me asking if they were old... i knew it was old but i also realized he had the lsd and im not sure what hes done since then.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenAssMazda View Post
                            When I ran at the 1/4 I hit 14.4 @ 16psi on a stock engine and blue light special tires...Smoking an RSX is no challenge, especially for a great driver such as Matt.
                            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.