No announcement yet.

turbo '92 MR-2 and my 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 323 weighs 2,300 and the protege lx weighs 2,300 too? hmmm....

Comment

umm, so i was off 50 lbs... my protege LX weighed 2497.

My MR2 weighs 2550.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i dont like to call bull**** onm people, but considering jesse has an mr2, id have to say he is our inhouse mr2 expert.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

stock protege runs mid 16s... you have lets say 200 lbs off a stock LX, with the same power, and some bolt-ons. So let's figure mid to high 15s if youre a good driver.

My Mr2, with the muffler removed and a turn-down instead, ran 15.9

mr2 turbos run in the 14s all day long.

what sounds logical to you?
          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

im w/ jesse. i own a 2, and ive even had the privlage driving an LX pro and my 2 pulls way harder. its cool to see you took on the challenge, but the dude could have smoked you by more.
            i hate being broke!

Comment

whoever said I beat an mr2? did I? Please my post again and again and tell me if i beat an mr2....

Comment

3rd I was gaining a lil. I was just on his rear tires when suddenly he slammed on his brakes I was like WTF??? I could've catch up?
                you implied that you wold have ebaten him had he kept going.
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

"1 car ahead of me all the way to 2nd gear shifted ot 3rd I was gaining a lil. I was just on his rear tires..."

I don't know...sounds like you had the faster car, at least to me.

And oh wait, that't make sense given that a NA MR2 dies once it hits 3rd gear. That's exactly when you WOULD start catching him.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                    And oh wait, that't make sense given that a NA MR2 dies once it hits 3rd gear. That's exactly when you WOULD start catching him.
                    I noticed that driving my friend's 91 a few days back... why would the specific gear make that much difference?

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                      you implied that you wold have ebaten him had he kept going.
                      "3rd I was gaining a lil. I was just on his rear tires when suddenly he slammed on his brakes I was like WTF??? I could've catch up? "

"I could have catch up?" ? mark not period. and did I say i beat him?

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                        "1 car ahead of me all the way to 2nd gear shifted ot 3rd I was gaining a lil. I was just on his rear tires..."

I don't know...sounds like you had the faster car, at least to me.

faster car? i dont know he was ahead of me.
                        Sorry bro, but thats what happen on the race and im not changing anything or add things up. Dont get me wrong i love toyota's especially old school te27,te37. starlets n ****. but getting an MR-2 non turbo like urs is just like getting a type r integra w/ a sohc swap.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          I noticed that driving my friend's 91 a few days back... why would the specific gear make that much difference?

it's too close to 2nd so it keeps you in the upper RPM range, where the motor doesn't have any power. 1st and 2nd are really short, so the gearing helps.
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                            faster car? i dont know he was ahead of me.
                            Sorry bro, but thats what happen on the race and im not changing anything or add things up. Dont get me wrong i love toyota's especially old school te27,te37. starlets n ****. but getting an MR-2 non turbo like urs is just like getting a type r integra w/ a sohc swap.

how is getting a base level MR2 like getting an Integra Type R with a swap?

you do realize that not all MR2s were turbos, correct?

you've totally lost me, and nobody here believes you, so just be happy with your race, i guess....
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                            X