No announcement yet.

2nd Gen BP vs. Supra TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Supra is infamous for making massive amounts of power... and being able to do nothing with it.

Comment

oh oh oh, 320 hp, not 300

Wish i could find it but i had a dyno video layin around of a 1600hp supra
      Last edited by Vash00es; 02-22-2005, 04:31 PM.
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
      Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
        oh oh oh, 320 hp, not 300

Wish i could find it but i had a dyno video layin around of a 1600hp supra
        Not a lot of dyno's can handle 1600whp... that must be some machine. The USCC always has atleast one Supra and they do pretty well
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

1600 is impressive... but still not even the RWD light ass supra can put that to the ground
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

1600hp is great until you lose to a civic dx because you can't get traction.

Oh and as far as a GTR vs. a supra, talk to the guys in the UK and Japan with the GTRs. With a 3 inch turboback exhaust and a cone filter they push around 250 crank hp on a nice small light car and have been known to push high 12's in the 1/4 mile at the track with an agressive launch. From what I've seen from the Supras, since they like to run big turbos, they don't really hit full boost until around 4-5k rpms in the end of 2nd, or in the begining of 3rd. However, on my gtr I was hitting full boost by 4k rpms in 2nd gear.

Also there are other factors that would come into play such as drivetrain loses, type of clutch, tires, reaction times of driver, etc.
            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
            MODS:
            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
            TO DO LIST:
            EDM/JDM rear bumper
            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
            Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
              1600hp is great until you lose to a civic dx because you can't get traction.

Oh and as far as a GTR vs. a supra, talk to the guys in the UK and Japan with the GTRs. With a 3 inch turboback exhaust and a cone filter they push around 250 crank hp on a nice small light car and have been known to push high 12's in the 1/4 mile at the track with an agressive launch. From what I've seen from the Supras, since they like to run big turbos, they don't really hit full boost until around 4-5k rpms in the end of 2nd, or in the begining of 3rd. However, on my gtr I was hitting full boost by 4k rpms in 2nd gear.

Also there are other factors that would come into play such as drivetrain loses, type of clutch, tires, reaction times of driver, etc.

those are AWD! im sorry, but a GTR swapped protege is not going to beat a 2JZ supra tt. yes the supras get quite a bit of wheel spin, but are you trying to tell me that a 2400 pound protege thats fwd isnt going to spin the crap out its wheels? the bpt was meant for AWD cars, you put it in our light wieght fwd's and all you get is wheel spin. not to mention the fact that its down 120HP stock, and it could eaisily of been modded
              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                those are AWD! im sorry, but a GTR swapped protege is not going to beat a 2JZ supra tt. yes the supras get quite a bit of wheel spin, but are you trying to tell me that a 2400 pound protege thats fwd isnt going to spin the crap out its wheels? the bpt was meant for AWD cars, you put it in our light wieght fwd's and all you get is wheel spin. not to mention the fact that its down 120HP stock, and it could eaisily of been modded
                Yes, the protege would be close. A FWD gtr pro pulls low 13's* same as a supra. Both could be just as easily modded.....

*12's depending on the driver

So really it comes down to the driver.... once you start talking about modded and what not, then its pointless b/c same mods dont yeild the same results on different cars.

Comment

Just so you know... your average driver, driving a mkIV supra (stock) is NOT going to run low 13s... try mid 14s. they are nothing but torpedos, awesome looking torpedos, but torpedos none the less...

Comment

Thx thatcarguy that proves my point even more..... even tho its a FWD, it will still beat the supra tt unless the mazda driver completely fuqs his shifts....

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                      If you know the car well and don't have an insane clutch setup, a low wheelspin launch is possible. (It's called don't keep reving the engine while at the line to spool the turbo and you won't have alot of boost in 1st gear). Alot of the turbo guys know that instead of pushing the car hard off the line, you can go a little easier in 1st and then let the turbo make up for it in the rest of the gears.) Also, if traction is bad for a fwd car, how is it that there are plenty of videos of civic's beating supras and why I can go to the local street races and go what a neon (non srt-4 with a aftermarket turbo kit) beat out a viper?
                      Last edited by BoostedPro; 02-24-2005, 12:49 PM.
                      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                      MODS:
                      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                      TO DO LIST:
                      EDM/JDM rear bumper
                      Repaint car

Comment

you guys are all crazy... sayin a protege gtr can beat a supra TT rwd 6S

And you saying both cars can just as easily be modded?

Well what proteges do you know that run 7's ?

I beleive i showed you a video earlier of a supra on street tires that ran a 7.2 or something in that area
                        Joe H
                        2000 Chevy Impala
                        3400 3.4 Liter V6
                        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

your point is? I have a video of a minivan running a low 12 if that helps at all...

A supra that runs low sevens was not "easily modified" and most definitely does not have street tires.... DOT legal drag radials maybe, but not street tires... as far as stock supra vs. gtr swapped pro... I still think it would be close.......

Now, put downpipes, exhaust and intake on the supra and the race wouldn't even be amusing to watch...

Comment

Some one called the Supra a lightweight car. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

edit: nm, i thought D323 was saying the supra was light... but he just meant it actually has a light ass.... compared to the front of the car, yeah....

Comment

I beleive i showed you a video earlier of a supra on street tires that ran a 7.2 or something in that area
                              crazy how?

a stock supra TT runs high 13's to low 14's.
                              a stock gtr in a protege runs mid to low 13's. I have read of 12's but we'll say mid 13's at the most.

gtr ................ TT
                              13.2/13.5 < 13.8/14.0

making the gtr faster. RWD vs. FWD doesnt really make a big issue here since they are both stock. The supra has the power advantage yes, but the 323 has better gearing, better low end, and is lighter.

of course, all this can go to crap if the driver makes an error. It would be a close race, one that I would love to see, but for arguements sake, if the drivers are equal and the cars are stock, the gtr should barely edge out the supra.

comparing a modded car vs a modded car when they are differnt motor designs and drivetrains is stupid and pointless. I was merely stating that both were easily modified... The supra more so than the gtr.

Comment

There is a possibility of any car beating another car....It all depends on variables. There could be a little yugo against a ferrari, if the ferrari driver misses a gear and blows the motor, the yugo will win. Or another example is the driver of the ferrari stalls off the line, that would have an effect on the outcome too.

In a sense, both cars can very easily be modded. Any turbo car follows the same rules for modding and the earlier proteges in n/a form can just go shopping from any 94-97 miata performance book unlike the n/a supras which always turn to the n/a to turbo conversion. I can argue about this all day and night since I frequent the supra forums and have a few friends with them and I see what kind of cars they really are.

You are right about no protege's running 7's, but then again no one ever really tried.

Now, don't get me wrong, Toyota's are great cars, hell I own a 26 year old Toyota, however Supras are not the "godlike" cars that everyone considers them to be. I could go and slap a T66 or a T78 turbo like the supras use on my corolla and the motor can take it with no problem. If you wanna get really technical, I can run a T68 on 20psi, with a holly demon carb, msd, etc, and pull 7's-8's with my corolla, so in a sense every car can be modded.

BTW, if anyone has any doubts about what I posted about the corolla, I have plenty of websites I can link you too about guys in 70's/80's corollas pulling these times.
                                1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                                MODS:
                                TO DO LIST:
                                EDM/JDM rear bumper
                                Repaint car

Comment

Working...
                                X