Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just cuz u got a civic don't mean its fast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it keeps the transmission in gear longer so it doesn't shift up as fast... thereby keeping the engine in the powerband a bit better... it's still a slow ass car though.
    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Why would i drag race a 103 hp car? I was on the highway and the guy in a sunfire was next to me and den took off.. i was doin 90... And i'm thinking of a engine swap...but imconcerned about all the other shyz dat might run me some money.. u know like,installation, maybe some part changes i might not be aware of...better brakes to accomadate the extra horse power and etc.....but yo matt, what if i jus got the ecm upgrade, would the car be @least peppish?
      If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

And to be honest, i think the chrysler town & country lxi minivan is faster then my car...its my first(the protege), and i'll defend it.
        If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

you wouldn't need to upgrade the brakes, it's only an extra 24 hp... the main benefit of the swap would probably be the 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum
            it keeps the transmission in gear longer so it doesn't shift up as fast... thereby keeping the engine in the powerband a bit better... it's still a slow ass car though.
            My Auto dosent have a hold button
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
            U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
            Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by lex
              i think hes talking about the OD button
              If he really is using the OD button as a "hold" button, then thats pretty weird... thats like using the 1 and 2 settings as manual shifts, instead of just putting it into D
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Comment

I actually do that in my mom's Outback... it seriously helps, because I think it locks off the hydraulic paths for the other gears' clutches or something... all I know is that if I don't, I seriously can't get off the line as fast... go figure.

Manuals all the way!

Comment

its not exactly good for your tranny... What do you do.... 1 - 2 - D?

and its slower reaction times for gear shifts
                  Last edited by Vash00es; 03-27-2005, 11:56 PM.
                  Joe H
                  2000 Chevy Impala
                  3400 3.4 Liter V6
                  Fun Times

Comment

1, 2, 3, D

it's fine for the transmission... just locks it in gear.

slower? faster than if I just stick it in D... that's for sure... whatever
                    I can't wait to get my car back on the road. I'm tired of driving my parents' cars.

Comment

Yours has a three? Mine only has 1 and 2

Its definately slower then a manual, specially having to look down and change the settings and ****.
                      Joe H
                      2000 Chevy Impala
                      3400 3.4 Liter V6
                      Fun Times

Comment

well luckily rather than one of those straight line shifters, there's a very well defined shift gate for the automatic in my mom's car... I still wish they had bought a manual version though. The automatics in the Outback are pretty sluggish sometimes.

Comment

Yours doesnt have a hold button??? thats odd. I thought that they did, but I guess not all automatics have a hold button.

I know my moms volvo, and my g/fs aveo both do.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Mine's got a hold button. If I wanna go fast, I'll just downshift from D to 2, and hit the button... The Auto DX (or any car for that matter...) is nice and responsive up top. I can even burn the tires!!
                            Put car in neutral
                            press "HOLD"
                            Rev to 3500-4k rpms
                            Push in button
                            Shift into 1
                            and You'll burn out and do a launch. I use the "HOLD" thing alll the time. It's pretty quick if you do "1-2-D", while shifting at 5.5k.
                            1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
                            Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
                            eDi 6500 Components
                            Arc Audio KAR 200.2
                            Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
                            eD 16ov2 IB
                            eDead
                            Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
                            cardomain

Comment

Yeah i just have the OD button on the shifter, no mysterious hold button
                              Joe H
                              2000 Chevy Impala
                              3400 3.4 Liter V6
                              Fun Times

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
                                Yeah i just have the OD button on the shifter, no mysterious hold button
                                Isn't od like the last gear in the car that saves gas?

On the "shifter" right under the big button, there should be a button that says "hold".....

manually shifting an auto tranny from 1 to 2 then to drive while the car is in motion would pretty much destroy the tranny right? Cause i know for a fact (according to my car manual) that it isn't setup to go in that driection, but is set up to go from N TO D TO 2 TO 1...not viser versa...

And i didn't mean to imply that i would need brakes for an LX swap...i was talking about an gtx/r swap.... as for an lx swap, theres a junk yard about 30 mins away, that has a lot of protege's in it, some wrecked and most of them have perfectly intact interior and what not...and they all have no less then 148 k on them....i could buy the engine (or any engine ) in this junk yard for less then 100 dollars...so should i even consider an lx swap or save up my pennies for the dream gtx/r swap?

Comment

Working...
                                X