Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just cuz u got a civic don't mean its fast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the little button under the big shifter thing is the OD button, thats the only other button on the shifter
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

in what car are u talking about? in my car its labeled as the "HOLD" button

1gen projey.
      If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

At what point do you say to yourself. I have a 100hp automatic car, it doesn't matter how I "shift" I'm still in a 100hp auto car.

Comment

My 3'rd gen
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Comment

Originally posted by Scott D
            Mine's got a hold button. If I wanna go fast, I'll just downshift from D to 2, and hit the button... The Auto DX (or any car for that matter...) is nice and responsive up top. I can even burn the tires!!
            Put car in neutral
            press "HOLD"
            Rev to 3500-4k rpms
            Push in button
            Shift into 1
            and You'll burn out and do a launch. I use the "HOLD" thing alll the time. It's pretty quick if you do "1-2-D", while shifting at 5.5k.

You're doing neutral drops in your DX? That's smart
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Bah get a beasty tranny cooler, a quality aftermarket torque converter, and a higher stall, and youll be fine
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                At what point do you say to yourself. I have a 100hp automatic car, it doesn't matter how I "shift" I'm still in a 100hp auto car.

AT what point did u stop to think that, its a 103 hp car, and shifting/rpm's count?

lets try to be more positive people....
                If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

And the OD button is the same as hold...u should read your manual...if it says it brings the car 1,2,3.... its the same as the hold button.

Comment

The OD button is NOT the same as the mysterious "Hold" Button... The OD button turns on / off 4'th gear (overdrive).... Thats all it does.. the HOLD button lets you rev higher before the automatic shifts
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

It does? u sure? and the hold button is not MYSTERIOUS, it gives my lil engine the " i think i can i think can" attitude and feel....is your answer based on factual evidence or an guess?...why would a person want to burn more gas? oh yes, um, as a result of pressing the OD button, does the car feel "peppy", "zippy" or what have you, compared to when its off?

Comment

No, it feels exactly like it did with it on, it just dosent shift into 4'th... I dont have a Hold Button
                        Joe H
                        2000 Chevy Impala
                        3400 3.4 Liter V6
                        Fun Times

Comment

I rarely do neutral drops... I've only done it like 5 times or something.

Oh, BTW, I got spanked by a Dodge Caravan... he had 4 people in the car, and I had 3... haha...

Sometimes I hate my car. I keep telling my parents that they shoulda got a 5spd LX.
                          1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
                          Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
                          eDi 6500 Components
                          Arc Audio KAR 200.2
                          Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
                          eD 16ov2 IB
                          eDead
                          Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
                          cardomain

Comment

Working...
                          X