2003 MSP vs. Dodge neon RT (cop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe99Es
    Um so you dont have to go to the drag strip and pay a cash sum anytime you wanna have a little fun? and the public roads are open 24/7, the strips not
    Agreed. It cost $11 to run at a track over 30 minutes away from my house. Not even a decent track at that, 1/8th mile and you can hook better on the street.

There is a difference between racing on busy streets and doing it "more safely." We have cars in front and behind the people racing to block any other cars and we only do it later at night on interstates or backroads that have plenty of room to slow down.

Comment

cuz it just kinda happened, and street racing is an adrenaline rush. THe cop more or less flagged me up and wanted to race, i was sceptical at first, but figured what the hell, it'll be one hell of a story, which it is and that why i'm sharin it with you

Comment

you're breaking speed limits, you put others in harm..all to avoid paying 11 bucks at the track.. sounds like a cheap sense of thrill to me.

..this is what i call skreet_racer justified

Comment

Lol who said your breaking the speed limit??? ( even though ive gotten pulled over before just for hauling ass off a stoplight, even though i didnt break the speed limit )

And if you go deserted backroads, your not putting any walkers or anything in danger, which is a far out chance in the first place
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Oh well, I know what the area looks like when we race and nobody is being put in risk. Hell we are just as much at risk if not more if we go to our ****ty dragstrip. Very limited room to stop out there.

Comment

I once saw a video of a guy at the dragstrip, and the dragstrip straightaway was angled up the side of a hill, i was like WTF
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Comment

your assurances are nothing but assumptions.. you've thus left out the possibility of a deer crossing the road, a late night bicyclist, late night jogger.. there's always a factor for danger that eitherwise needlessly not need be taken, just because of youthful stupidity! my point standing..
                kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                  your assurances are nothing but assumptions.. you've thus left out the possibility of a deer crossing the road, a late night bicyclist, late night jogger.. there's always a factor for danger that eitherwise needlessly not need be taken, just because of youthful stupidity! my point standing..
                  kevin
                  A whole ****-load of people show up to race every Saturday in my neck of the woods, and IMO not even a trac is better! People meet up at the ferrie terminal; its 3 lane with extra wide shoulders, concrete barriers on a dead end jettie, complete with traffic light at the begining of the 1/4 mile streatch!
                  lots of fun! lots of break-down space! Lots of light! No surprises!!
                  Last edited by CBlaze; 03-24-2005, 03:31 AM.
                  '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                  Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Take risks , live life
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                      kevin
                      The same could be said of driving on the freeway at night around here... there is always the possibility of a deer or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe99Es
                        Take risks , live life

^^ i agree.....

i can see what ur saying kevin...a late night jogger maybe jus running along a rt 45 @ 11:30 @ night...or even worse a pack of school girls maybe be playing hopscotch in the middle of the road...very likely. (sarcasm)

i dont think kevin is serious w/ what he's saying...check out under his name "ass-0-holic"....he jus messin with y'all.

btw, good run...u have grape fruits for "seeds"..... and to add....going in a straight line for like 15-20 seconds is boring. and wreckless as it sounds....light traffic is usually more fun to drive in going speeds of about 80-100 mph. (highway traffic, just a few cars)
                        If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmaz Powa
                          ^^ i agree.....

i can see what ur saying kevin...a late night jogger maybe jus running along a rt 45 @ 11:30 @ night...or even worse a pack of school girls maybe be playing hopscotch in the middle of the road...very likely. (sarcasm)

i dont think kevin is serious w/ what he's saying...check out under his name "ass-0-holic"....he jus messin with y'all.

btw, good run...u have grape fruits for "seeds"..... and to add....going in a straight line for like 15-20 seconds is boring. and wreckless as it sounds....light traffic is usually more fun to drive in going speeds of about 80-100 mph. (highway traffic, just a few cars)
                          no seriously, i'm persistantly bothered by street racers and the idea of street racing.. sure i speed just like any other ass clown driving on the road, but not to show how big of a man i am... or how big of an engine my car has. if someone were to keep pace with me.. thats their deal.. i'm not going to race someone on the street. you take given assumptions.. but when someone boasts about doing 90 mph racing someone else.. i personally feel thats when you should take it to the track. because despite short stopping distances and what have you..at least a sanctioned track is going to have emergency crews or paramedics around.. or at least people around that KNOW what the **** they're doing incase something goes wrong. there is very LITTLE chance someone is going to be in the middle of the 1/4 mile straight away.. and you're not breaking laws in any way. it's the 'reasonable' alternative.. i'm just 'reasoning'.. thats all. and as far as ass-o-holic.. i wasn't commenting on my outward motives of being an ass.. if you know what i mean.
                          kevin

Comment

excuse my ignorance...BUT

But what is a 2003 MSP?

Comment

MSP = Mazda Speed Protege.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I see what ya sayin....but im not a racer, so going to the tracks really isn't my thing..that track is where all the big boys play and it wouldn't be fun.. i jus like driving..thas i said "light highway traffic", that fun...and IMOif a person crashes on a 4 lane highway, its because they were going 100+ and only looking 3 cars infront of them. "everyones gets their jollies in different ways"...i say as long as ur not weaving in and out traffic @ 100 + and ur looking far ahead for any possible sudden stops..go ahead and speed, if ur ticketed its your pockets.
                                If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

Working...
                                X