Ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazdaspeedemon
    now if i remember right from the dodge add a 1500 ram weights like 6700lbs or some thing and a viper weights like 1/2 that so that why 14's vs 11's power to weight duh
    See in my mind its like wtf would somebody put that much power into a 6700 lbs vehicle and try to sell it as a "sporty" vehicle?! Its a f'in house on wheels! Oh right i forgot people are all about the "hemi" and big HP numbers as thats what idiots fall for EACH and EVERY time!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
      See in my mind its like wtf would somebody put that much power into a 6700 lbs vehicle and try to sell it as a "sporty" vehicle?! Its a f'in house on wheels! Oh right i forgot people are all about the "hemi" and big HP numbers as thats what idiots fall for EACH and EVERY time!
      its the fastest production truck in the world... might not be as fast as a viper, but its still ****ing fast
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
        its the fastest production truck in the world... might not be as fast as a viper, but its still ****ing fast
        14s is not fast with that much hp! And if thats the fastest "production" truck then thats depressing. Didn't they used to make rotary pickups back in the day?! And then those turbo rangers too!

EDIT: I forgot about the typhoon/syclones from GM too!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
          14s is not fast with that much hp! And if thats the fastest "production" truck then thats depressing. Didn't they used to make rotary pickups back in the day?! And then those turbo rangers too!

EDIT: I forgot about the typhoon/syclones from GM too!
          i believe the ram has seen low 13's, as the f150 lihtning hits mid-hi 13's.
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

The GMC Syclone was pretty quick in it's day... faster than the NSX of the same year
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
              The GMC Syclone was pretty quick in it's day... faster than the NSX of the same year
              I absolutely love Syclones and Typhoons.

Comment

I believe that the Cyclone/Typhoons are still the fastest production trucks ever. 0-60 in the fours.......
                I could be wrong, but I believe the F-150 lightnings when thy came out a few years back were STILL slower.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                  I absolutely love Syclones and Typhoons.
                  Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                    I believe that the Cyclone/Typhoons are still the fastest production trucks ever. 0-60 in the fours.......
                    I could be wrong, but I believe the F-150 lightnings when thy came out a few years back were STILL slower.
                    i seem to remember hearing the same thing
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                      I don't know about that. That new ford lightnig would give it a run for it's money
                      www.gopostal.com

If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports . . . . Does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports ?

Comment

Originally posted by slayer4u
                        I don't know about that. That new ford lightnig would give it a run for it's money
                        they made it with that purpose in mind. if you ever see an ad for it, its "the worlds fastest truck"
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I used to have a link of a guy that did a GMC sierra that was 4x4 and ran 12's or something ridiculously fast like that. It was on cardomain, but I cant find it now... oh well.

Oh and those cyclones/Typhoons were scary fast. The new chevy extreme line doesnt even pale in comparison.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer4u
                            Yes NEW. How old is the syclone/typhoon? 10+ years? As usual somebody is late for the party!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
                              The concept of a huge, heavy truck with horrible traction dynamics being fast makes my head hurt. Why not just put that motor in something light and well designed, you know, not 1930s chassis technology.
                              GMC Syclone / Typhoon??

Ford Lightning???

I know I have a great respect for the Typhoons, which look like GMC Jimmys/blazers, ever since one walked my GT from a 70mph roll.
                              1999 SVT Cobra Black/Black

2003 Mustang GT DSG/Black

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                                Well, the lightning was slower when the Syclone/Typhoon were out, back then 93-95, the lightning was powered by a 351w... It was a quick truck mind you, but not as quick as these turbocharged 6 bangers... Now the 99+ Lightnings... Im pretty sure itll be a good race, but itll be hard finding both of these stock now a days, let alone at the same spot to race.

Oh and I didnt know even know this thing had a 2nd page until I posted
                                1999 SVT Cobra Black/Black

2003 Mustang GT DSG/Black

Comment

Working...
                                X