• Time
  • Show
Clear All

fisting is comedic genius.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

lol, seriously we were at a car meet and I saw a guy FIST a MSP fender gap like it was a little asian girl. It was bad nasty.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

WOW, i forgot this thread was even here.

Originally posted by mikeflys1
        He must've been giving it half throttle cause i know my 94 gt would rape the **** of of a n/a bp and its almost completely stock.
        5.0 > 4.6

I've driven a bone stock 95 GT and then a 99 GT in the same day and the 99 felt like a total boat in comparison.

But yes the guy could not drive, I know one of the kids that was in the car and he said the boy missed second when I took off heading for the highway

Originally posted by Tazman2
        To begin with FWDs have traction issues and tend to be slower because of that.
        No traction issues here, Eibachs, filled mounts and Falken azenis fixed that.
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
          No traction issues here, Eibachs, filled mounts and Falken azenis fixed that.
          you're not making enough power
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
            you're not making enough power
            werd
            '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

im not trying 2 make up a story .. im not that kinda person to say i beat a car that i didnt lol .., i will admit maybe it wasnt a gt... i thought the mustang gt's on the rear bumper had the " mustang " in a diff color than the car... , hell ya learn something new everyday .. :D lol ., either way im sure he was pissed that a primer 2 door hatchback with big foglights kept up with him haha

Comment

A simple way to tell any GT mustang from those damned slow 3.8's is if it has dual exhaust, or the bumper has cutouts for a dual exhaust. But those cars are rated at 14.1 1/4mi stock. In all actuality, unless you are boosted, odds are a GT will smoke 99% of N/A BP cars. Not calling anyone a liar, maybe the guy couldnt shift, or had 4 people in it with a huge stereo. I just find it unlikely that a GT would lose to our cars. Im living proof, I have a buddy with one, and he smokes my ass repeatedly.

Comment

an n/a bp doesnt have a chance. that is stock. i had a few run-in's with GT's and it was always a close race untill 3rd gear and then they really pulled away. assuming you had a moderate amount of modifications i would say it is definitly possible.
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Mustang GTs came in many flavours depending on the year we're talking about

Comment

werd
                      i can't get my tires to hook until 3rd if i'm dumb enough to stay in it, lol
                      sigpic

Comment

you gotta take that tornado out
                        '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

you gotta take that tornado out
                          word

the tornado provides hella boost
                          sigpic

Comment

You still on the VJ20?

Comment

Not to be offensive to all here, I agree weight is a huge determining factor when it comes to a cars performance, and the 99-04 mustangs weigh in a hefty 3500 lbs, but IMO that kid just couldn't drive, he was probably too pussy to follow through the turns. As huge as those cars are, they can keep up better than you described through the twisties if driven properly. And yes, GT's are 14sec cars easy, possible high 13's, they may only have 260HP, but they have a good chunk or torque to back them up (I think like 290 or 300?). I have a couple friends with Mustangs, a 00 GT, a 99 Cobra (suxors), and an 03 Mach1. The Mach1 tears the crap out of the cobra, IRS sucks. I can take the Gt and the cobra in my truck, but never teh Mach, he ran a 13.2 @108 in Sacramento with just exhaust and a K&N.

Comment

Originally posted by P-rotege
                                Not to be offensive to all here, I agree weight is a huge determining factor when it comes to a cars performance, and the 99-04 mustangs weigh in a hefty 3500 lbs, but IMO that kid just couldn't drive, he was probably too pussy to follow through the turns. As huge as those cars are, they can keep up better than you described through the twisties if driven properly. And yes, GT's are 14sec cars easy, possible high 13's, they may only have 260HP, but they have a good chunk or torque to back them up (I think like 290 or 300?). I have a couple friends with Mustangs, a 00 GT, a 99 Cobra (suxors), and an 03 Mach1. The Mach1 tears the crap out of the cobra, IRS sucks. I can take the Gt and the cobra in my truck, but never teh Mach, he ran a 13.2 @108 in Sacramento with just exhaust and a K&N.
                                tq or not, they run high 14's, no where near 13's. 14.7 is the stock time I found on several sites.

2002 was a boring year for the Ford Mustang. SVT Cobras were not available in the US, with only a tiny run made for the Australian market.
                                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                                X