No announcement yet.

It is possible this can happen???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes elscotto80 im talking about re-surfacing the flywheel, im not telling that if i make this job to the flywheel i get more HP, i was thinking if i make the re-surfacing and getting the EXEDY clutch kit, if im going to feel more torque in my car.

Because a neighbor have a toyot celica (85) and he never do the make the re-surfacing of his flywheel and when he install a new clucth you here the cluctc spinning or its sound like he have an old clutc.

My idea behind this is to get a nice clutch and a good job to the flywheel to get a nice torque in my DX, for power im doing everything to start getting the BP. Because that im not going to get the BP to soon i need a nice clucth system, so that is why i need a very nice suggestion in combine the Clutch kit and a flywheel works.
    '93 Protege DX 5spd'
    2" Exhaust System
    2.5" Custom Intake System
    Other minor tuning (timing, etc)

Comment

Sorry to tell you this, but with a new clutch and re-surfaced flywheel, you are not going to "feel" more tourqe. As long as your clutch works fine, dont mess with it. If you enguage it and give it gas, and the motors goes, but the car does not, then you have a worn clutch. Otherwise you are wasting money with getting a new clutch.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Wow the exedy really sucks!!!. I have finish installed yesterday and the car feel like have a stock clutch and i know the Exedy its some close to OEM. But my car have some mods that next time im going to put another kit like ACT or Clutchnet because the Exedy dont give me any improve.
        '93 Protege DX 5spd'
        2" Exhaust System
        2.5" Custom Intake System
        Other minor tuning (timing, etc)

Comment

Exedy isnt supposed to be an improvement... its an OEM replacement.

Check out the Spec clutch for a nice upgrade.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Driver
            Wow the exedy really sucks!!!. I have finish installed yesterday and the car feel like have a stock clutch and i know the Exedy its some close to OEM. But my car have some mods that next time im going to put another kit like ACT or Clutchnet because the Exedy dont give me any improve.
            If you go to mazda and buy a new cluitch they will sell u a Exedy...

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
              If you go to mazda and buy a new cluitch they will sell u a Exedy...
              yea and probably charge you an arm and a leg for it
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i think it was like 320$.. i cant remember i was awhile ago.

Comment

OMG, you guys have totally missed the problem here. As long as its working the clutch isint gonna give you anything for acceleration. Your problem is how you were racing and your tranny gears. I used to have a '92 DX with its factory F-tranny, and I could keep up with 170 hp integ GSR's, and my buddies '70 Nova SS that made over 300hp to the wheels, IN FIRST AND SECOND GEAR ONLY. The first and second gears of the DX's F-tranny are much lower than the G-tranny of the LX's, giving solid off the line acceleration. However, third gear of the F-tranny is considerably higher than the G-tranny. There is a HUGE gearing ratio gap between second and third in the F-tranny, and this is why you lost by starting your races in third. My DX could pull high 10 sec 1/8th miles, which is in the realm of V8 muscle cars (since I never hit third in the 1/8th) But the best 1/4 I ever pulled was 17.1, in the realm of early 80's diesel volvo's ;-) Fourth and fifth gears are even worse as the F-tranny was designed for fuel milage, and the gearing is even taller to keep the rpm's down at freeway speeds. When my diff went out on my F-tranny, I upgraded to a G-tranny when I repaced it. While I never got to run the quarter in it, by the "seat of my pants", it felt a little slower off the line, but the shifts were a lot tighter and it kept pulling harder, longer.

You want to smoke your buddies? Go find some stoplights to race from, and your story will be different.

Ansel '94 LX, '92 DX
                  Last edited by compnerdansel; 02-06-2006, 04:48 PM.
                  sigpic Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Comment

Originally posted by compnerdansel
                    The first and second gears of the DX's F-tranny are much lower than the G-tranny of the LX's, giving solid off the line acceleration. However, third gear of the F-tranny is considerably higher than the G-tranny. There is a HUGE gearing ratio gap between second and third in the F-tranny, and this is why you lost by starting your races in third. My DX could pull high 10 sec 1/8th miles, which is in the realm of V8 muscle cars (since I never hit third in the 1/8th) But the best 1/4 I ever pulled was 17.1, in the realm of early 80's diesel volvo's ;-) Fourth and fifth gears are even worse as the F-tranny was designed for fuel milage, and the gearing is even taller to keep the rpm's down at freeway speeds. When my diff went out on my F-tranny, I upgraded to a G-tranny when I repaced it. While I never got to run the quarter in it, by the "seat of my pants", it felt a little slower off the line, but the shifts were a lot tighter and it kept pulling harder, longer.
                    lol, no they are not.

F gears:
                    1st = 3.416
                    2nd = 1.842
                    3rd = 1.29

G gears:
                    1st = 3.3
                    2nd = 1.83
                    3rd = 1.31

all thanks to theMan's FAQ.

Comment

What do you mean "no they are not" Lower number means taller gearing you dumbass ;-) Your numbers just proved what I said.

Ansel
                      sigpic Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Comment

stfu n00b, .02 is not "considerably higher"

Comment

What do you mean "no they are not" Lower number means taller gearing you dumbass ;-) Your numbers just proved what I said.

Ansel
                          The first and second gears of the DX's F-tranny are much lower than the G-tranny of the LX's
                          By the numbers I posted it shows the F tranny having *HIGHER*gear ratios. The fact that it has taller gearing is irrevelant.

If anything my numbers proved your statement false.

Comment

OMG, you guys have totally missed the problem here. As long as its working the clutch isint gonna give you anything for acceleration.
                            I belive that I established this already, most notably here-->
                            Sorry to tell you this, but with a new clutch and re-surfaced flywheel, you are not going to "feel" more tourqe.
                            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

When my diff went out on my F-tranny, I upgraded to a G-tranny when I repaced it. While I never got to run the quarter in it, by the "seat of my pants", it felt a little slower off the line, but the shifts were a lot tighter and it kept pulling harder, longer.

Ansel '94 LX, '92 DX
                              I think your ass dyno is off, please see Goldstar's ass dyno calibration kit for more details on proper calibration.

BTW I have a F series tranny on a BP and have raced my friends LX pro (from a 3rd gear take off on the highway and I took'em no problem
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Okay, first of all, no need to act like emotional 16 year olds with macho complex's here. "Ya dumbass" is sort of my catch phrase, I'll say it straight to my supervisors at work ;-) , no need to get all defensive about it, and I apoligize for any toes that were stepped on. Now that we've established were all adults here, lets do some math.

D323: At 3000 engine rpm's, since the tranny reduces gear ratios, for the F-tranny's first gear we DIVIDE by 3.416 giving us ~878 rpm for the output shaft on the tranny. However the G-tranny at 3000 rpm with a 3.3 first gear gives us ~909 rpm on the output shaft. Therefore, at 3000 engine rpm, the output shaft is turning ~31 rpm slower on the F-tranny than the G. This is how a HIGHER gear ratio produces LOWER overall gearing, and with lower overall gearing, you have a lower top speed in that gear, but stronger acceleration getting there.

95ProLeila: A difference of 0.02 between the 3rd gears of the F and G tranny may not sound like much, but at a 6500 rpm redline,
                                6500 / 1.29 ~ 5038 rpm
                                6500 / 1.31 ~ 4961 rpm
                                Now we put these through the final drive ratio's: F=3.619 and G=4.105 and we get the actual rpm of the wheels.
                                5038 / 3.619 ~ 1392
                                4961 / 4.105 ~ 1208
                                As you can see, the F-tranny wheels spin 184 more times every minute than the G-tranny. Now with a factory tire/wheel combo at 22.5 in diamater, 22.5 x Pi = 70.6 inch circumference. I wont bore you with the conversion math, but that 184 rpm difference at 70.6 inches each revolution translates into the F-tranny in third gear going 12.3 mph faster at redline than the G-tranny.

elscotto80: Exactly ;-)

MD323: A BP powered 323? I would fully expect you to take a G1 LX Pro. Do I really need to get into power to weight ratios with you? (Again, lots more math)

I hope none of you ever said, "When am I ever gonna use this in real life?" in algebra class. lol

Hope this clears things up,
                                Ansel '94 LX, '92 DX

Comment

Working...
                                X